Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 26/05/15 03:33 AM Author Posted 26/05/15 03:33 AM 3rd honk is go. That's the general rule from everyone I speak too lolProbably more his than mine. He has a huge exhaust with next to no mufflers so it's pretty loudYea I do need to get some proper videos, but every time I get in the car I forget, plus I have a daily so don't really drive the xr until friday and saturday nightsHe makes about 360, but it's laggy as all f*ck. He actually started accelerating on the 2nd beep and as you can see from when he wheel spins, it takes a while to hit full boost. He just needs his tune fixed up, this is just like a soft tune until he changes a couple things then that ute will see 450+
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 26/05/15 03:53 AM Posted 26/05/15 03:53 AM hahaha....all makes sense now I genuinely thought he was swerving cause of the car in the emergency lane And for some weird reason I thought he had a dunnydore too lolGood sh*t Miroki
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 26/05/15 03:56 AM Author Posted 26/05/15 03:56 AM Nope that car in the emergency lane was getting out of the way lol
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/05/15 06:56 AM Posted 27/05/15 06:56 AM nice car I'm with the others - will definitely need more screamer vids
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 15/03/16 10:45 AM Author Posted 15/03/16 10:45 AM Haven't updated in a while because not much good has happened. So I got back from Europe in November to notice my car wasn't quite what I remembered. I replaced all the basic things like plugs, fuel filter etc but still wasn't right. Did some datalogging to notice boost was down to about 12.5psi from 17psi. Ended up playing around with a spare gate that a mate had and found issues with the gate, so got around on my mates gate on gate pressure for a while whilst I sent my gate away for warranty work. Once the gate was sorted and back on the car I decided to throw in a set of valve springs and put the nugget on e85. The day before I went to take the car up I had a horrible ticking noise come from the timing case, which my first thought was snapped guide. Got a lend of a mates ute and another mates trailer and took the car up to Sydney. To my relief it was just the drive belt tensioner, but then the next problem was the valve springs I got from a mate were at about 125lb seat pressure which is way beyond the 80lb I thought they were, so had to bit the bullet and fork out for a new set of springs. The car was tuned on e85 but only for me to pick it up with it again not feeling right. So spent another month playing around with gates and solenoids to no avail, so took it back up to cms on Monday and had it retuned. No idea what happened but it was down on power so jammed a bit more boost into it. Ended up with 405rwkw and 1030nm at 22psi dropping to 18psi. Doesn't quite make full boost as early as I would like but Joe told me its the gate setup, so might put 17psi of springs into it to try hold it closed a bit longer and pick up a couple hundred rpm of spool. Also the intank pump is starting to struggle and we have injector duty cycle a bit high for our liking but richened it up in the top end to stop any risk of leaning out. Either way its great to finally have the car making what I wanted after such a long time!
MurdoK Legacy Donating Member 719 Member For: 16y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth,WA Posted 15/03/16 11:10 AM Posted 15/03/16 11:10 AM Read thru whole thread. good read mate. A lot of those problems you had early on reminds me of when I first got my car. Good to see your happy with where its at. The joys of owning modified cars
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 15/03/16 02:35 PM Posted 15/03/16 02:35 PM Dang....so the external gate isnt as reliable as one thought...although a faulty gate is probably more a turbosmart mass produced issue. Ive been looking at wraps lately (basically doing the look you had; but just adding gloss black wrap to my nitro blue colour)...and notice you said $200 worth of wrap? So that means you used the cheap china stuff off fleabay? How long did you have it on your car and any residue/removal issues? Im actally gunna try this random Aussie brand (VViViD I think its spelt) which is apparently similar to Avery just a little harder - which some say makes the install/cutting easier. Just scared of using the $25-30p/m stuff on my paint for too long....I got the roof done but will be peeeling and redoing in a couple weeks with this hopefully better stuff.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,109 Member For: 18y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/04/16 10:10 AM Posted 26/04/16 10:10 AM Good job on getting the power you wanted, matey Consistency and a bit of effort seemed to get you a long way... hopefully the same can be said for the 'gate setup. Good luck with it all.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now