Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

Well it is actually x3 pipes for the hot side but I should of said chrome or stainless colour

But look from the pik you got it on

Yes ditch the bov for the time being

In your last pik use that black silicone 45 to join that pipe work up

In all honesty they look like the wrong pipes ( two silver ones on cold side ) but if it works go for it

Ull need to push the blue silicone 45 from the cooler in towards the radiator area then stuff more of the pipes into the silicones and make sure that area where the black straight joiner is is away from the side of the car or the bumper will NOT fit on

So tuck it all in and towards the engine area

Edited by Butt Plug
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

Yep ^WHS^, I trimmed about 10mm off each end of that blue silicone joiner to tuck it in tight.

Just noticed the 5mm barb hanging off the bottom of the pipe in that pic- wtf is that for?, I dont have that at all!

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Well at least you know it's a genuine Rapid kit...half the components are missing.

FMD :blink:

  • Like 1
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

Lol trent

Is this effort worth mod status yet or what ?

I haven't even taken the piss yet ...... Much :)

Edited by Butt Plug
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Yep ^WHS^, I trimmed about 10mm off each end of that blue silicone joiner to tuck it in tight.

Just noticed the 5mm barb hanging off the bottom of the pipe in that pic- wtf is that for?, I dont have that at all!

It connects to the PCV

It used to be on the large single piece cold side that goes up to the TB but obviously chris has moved it to under bumper area

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Straight to admin I think plugger. But then they do sweet fck all so I dunno :idunno:

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I think I could take it down a notch even further

Just sayn

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 7m 12d
Posted (edited)

Well it is actually x3 pipes for the hot side but I should of said chrome or stainless colour

But look from the pik you got it on

Yes ditch the bov for the time being

In your last pik use that black silicone 45 to join that pipe work up

In all honesty they look like the wrong pipes ( two silver ones on cold side ) but if it works go for it

Ull need to push the blue silicone 45 from the cooler in towards the radiator area then stuff more of the pipes into the silicones and make sure that area where the black straight joiner is is away from the side of the car or the bumper will NOT fit on

So tuck it all in and towards the engine area.

Ive shortened the blue 45 silicon joiner which has wroked well. Im thinking of keeping the stock bov. With the picture of the bov can I block of that other pipe that's hanging of the bov? The little breather that's directly ontop of the bov does this need to be connected or can be blocked also? if I decide to completely ditch the standard bov do I just plug the little breather hose of?

Cheers

Edited by ricky
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 7m 12d
Posted (edited)

So do people not run parkers with aftermarket intercoolers on the passenger side? Right above the piping in the picture is were the parker light is ment to be.

post-77334-0-37704000-1423885648_thumb.j

Edited by ricky
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

U can make it fit, trust me its just tight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...