"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 11/02/15 11:13 PM Posted 11/02/15 11:13 PM The other option I just thought of for the T400 is a Gear Vendors overdrive unit that bolts into place of the T400s extension housing.They are very strong and should easily handle your power goals.You will however have to check for transmission tunnel clearance.If it were me and I was just chasing quarter mile times, I'd go with a Glide.They are heaps lighter and suck a lot less power.Power glides can be made pretty much bulletproof and only one gear change down the quarter = quicker times.With 3.9 gears a suitable torque converter and the torque these motors make I think the Glide is the winner.And to hell with the RPM you will be pulling at 100kph. 1
Trent0 The Toxic Rocket Legacy Donating Member 574 Member For: 16y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/02/15 01:24 AM Posted 12/02/15 01:24 AM Speak to Tony about the engine build, he has a wealth of experience & knowledge.It's better to get the info you desire from the (proverbial) horses mouth in this case 1
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 12/02/15 06:10 AM Author Posted 12/02/15 06:10 AM Have a look around, they were selling brand new f6 short engines for under 3k. Would be enough for power goalthey are only $2500 ,just got to get the dip stick hole drilled out to suit a ba .that would be one of the cheapest ways by far to build a engine my self 1
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/02/15 07:30 AM Posted 12/02/15 07:30 AM (edited) http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271543583788 That's the FG f6 short motor There is also a whole BF F6 motor with all bolt ons and loom for 4800 on eBay Plenty of cheap ways to do it Edited 12/02/15 07:33 AM by Wilko16
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 12/02/15 08:01 PM Author Posted 12/02/15 08:01 PM (edited) have spoken to dominello automatics yesterday ,he said he would be able to build a BTR that is capable to handle 500 rwkw for $4000 .so 400 rwkw sounds like the way to go with the new engine combo . the only problem is there is not enough money left after all the modifications I still have to do .brakes $1200 then if I buy a fg engine for lets say $4500 ,then I need oil pump gears $500 and valve springs $500 . new turbo $1500-$2000 . a dump pipe 4 inch $1000 .fuel pump upgrade $1000 . tune $850 . plus I will have to make up a cold side piping kit to suit the FG engine $300-$400 . so with all this I am over budget which is no good as there will be more stuff I will need during the build . so realistically it would be more like $18,000-$19,000 in the end Edited 12/02/15 08:05 PM by gunna
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/02/15 08:49 PM Posted 12/02/15 08:49 PM (edited) You just bolt your head onto the FG bottom end, manifolds and turbo all stay the sameYour sump as well That's what people meant when they said a fg short is cheaper than rebuild Edited 12/02/15 08:52 PM by Wilko16 1
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/02/15 10:52 PM Posted 12/02/15 10:52 PM a dump pipe 4 inch $1000Just dump will only set u back $350-450Second hand staino one on ebay for only $200http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ba-bf-xr6-turbo-fpv-f6-4inch-stainless-steel-dump-pipe-/281594734211?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41905aa683Only local pickup from beenleigh though
Phoon508 Member 188 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/02/15 12:07 AM Posted 13/02/15 12:07 AM Fark me gunna don't put a further $19k into the ute!It's already been said a few times here, you do not need a new turbo! $2k saved there already. Go the F6 bottom end - sh*tloads of cash saved there. Ebay the dump pipe and surge tank with 044. $1k max for both. Decent set of rotors and pads will make the ute stop for much less than $1200.You can donate your savings to meUnless your adamant on getting a 10 second pass, you could always go a t56 conversion. Will be cheaper than a built auto and will handle 400kw
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/02/15 05:04 AM Author Posted 13/02/15 05:04 AM sorry but I need a 4 inch dump and cat to fit twin 2, 1/2 exhaust . yes I will just use the turbo I have now . just got to do it right this time or I will never own a fast car .this is my last go at it
Phoon508 Member 188 Member For: 13y 9m 29d Posted 13/02/15 07:26 AM Posted 13/02/15 07:26 AM If its an xforce twin 2.5 inch cat back then you won't have an issue finding a second hand dump and cat to suit. If not, I reckon you'd still be better off getting a second hand dump and cat for $200ish and getting the current exhaust modified to fit. Definitely wont equate to $1000 that's for sure!I paid $550 for a second hand xforce 4inch dump, cat and twin 2.5 inch system. I've seen plenty around that price.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now