NVT Formerly EGOBFXR6 Legacy Donating Member 1,111 Member For: 18y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 30/09/14 09:49 AM Author Posted 30/09/14 09:49 AM I just sold an F6 recently so I can seriously appreciate how good Brembo's are - But for the price and ow hard I drive, it's overkill...Just a good set-up over stock would be fine. Just want to see what I can do with the current set-up first...Cheers,Dan
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 30/09/14 09:52 AM Posted 30/09/14 09:52 AM Did you have 6/4s or 4/1? I've been looking around for a little while and found the full package for sub 2k
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 6d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 30/09/14 10:07 AM Posted 30/09/14 10:07 AM Back on topic I think there are a few things that can cause shudder.Is it only while under brakes?Perhaps take it to the shop that did the work and get them to check what it is - also find out what they put on the car (a pic of the rotor would probably get you an answer on here)
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 30/09/14 10:33 AM Posted 30/09/14 10:33 AM Hahaha I've read it all now...Phew... Thanks lads There were plans to go T3's/T2's, new fluid, braided lines and some nice pads but now I'm not so sure.The seller was good enough to give me his vehicle receipts and the front brakes were done about 10,xxxkms ago. It doesn't specify the exact combo but Matt seemed to think they were slotted/drilled RDA's but not really sure on the pad.Can a rotor crap out after 10,xxx km's? He assures me that it wasn't driven hard and I've pretty much babied it since I've had it. Pedal feel is really nice but the shudder is horrid at anything above 70km's p/h and it feels like the last bit of 'braking' doesn't really pull the car up that sharply...Trying to avoid having to replace the brakes since the upgrade was so new and I've got to do the trans service, trans cooler install and the diff bushes...Anyone have any idea what's going on? Is it the suspension? Can I do anything about it or would there be some kind of warranty on a pretty much new rotor?Thanks for all the input guys,DanIf good quality rotors were put on you would not need to machine them after 10000kms. Post a photo of one of the front and I'll tell you if they are RDA or not.If it was me I would not waste money on machining RDA rotors. Save yourself the grief and just bin them 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 30/09/14 10:42 AM Posted 30/09/14 10:42 AM (edited) When my BF had the shudders it was cured 80% or so by replacing the worn out front suspension bushes with Superpro. Then the remaining 20% was new rotors (DBA4000 at the time).I'd guess the movement of the suspension under braking caused the warping of the rotors, but not 100% sure. Could account for rotors warping soon after fitting them or having them machined!Great stuff Dan, I retired from CC duties but might have to (again) throw another one together. There's also another monster blue ute that is nearly done being built and I'm sure the owner will be keen for a drive, plus the chat recently in WA section asking when the next cruise is Keen to see it in person! Edited 30/09/14 10:43 AM by -Stever- 4
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/09/14 11:12 AM Posted 30/09/14 11:12 AM ^^^ spot on
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/09/14 11:12 AM Posted 30/09/14 11:12 AM Dan (OP, not me) for new WA CC! 2
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 30/09/14 12:27 PM Posted 30/09/14 12:27 PM Dan (.Stripes.) for new WA CC! 1
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/09/14 12:36 PM Posted 30/09/14 12:36 PM After you Pete
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 30/09/14 12:40 PM Posted 30/09/14 12:40 PM Enough with the circle jerk fellas
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now