Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

some of the table in the software interact with other tables, so several tables can be adjusted to give a final result, unless all these table are visible then a wrong impression can be given, but saying that, there are some people I think that do not dedicate the time required so some may be quite poor.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

I've been made aware of that, but I'm taking about 16* in the mid on a BA on 98 with audible knock.. Or another fg f6 running 0.9 lambda (e85) 19psi, with tables to suit!... Overboost protection basically turned off..

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely very experienced and knowledgable tuners out there but unfortunately there are some shops that claim they know what they are doing, but don't... I.e someone that can't even Input the correct injector data (even if it's provided) -_-

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

agree with what you say but .9 lambda may not be a problem if the tune is set up for that, not that I would run that lean

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Its like that across all industries. Some guys simply don't have the ability to get work done to a relatively high standard regardless. I've have heard the phrase "I've been doing the job for 20 years mate" many times, but invariably they have been doing the job wrong for 20 years.

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, Queensland
Posted

this is one reason I love ID's. They have all the correct (or close enough to get you well in the ballpark) Some might say it's me being lazy but as far as computers go. sh*t in=sh*t out. And if you get the data with the injectors to get you in the ballpart straight up. Makes things so much nicer.

  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posted

Car is going sweet now, no issues with fueling, trimming nicely and using much less fuel than it used to. Daily use has caused it to drop down to 13.1 l/100 (running united 98 which is 10% ethanol blend).

Just have another question. I was looking through the tune file again and I've noticed the indicated engine torque table hasn't been altered and has also had the torque module switch disabled (and corresponding tables set to zero). My (limited) understanding of this is that they're used for traction control? In which case I think they should be re enabled?

I've derived a new table for the engine torque, using my torque graph to find the full load torque and reduction multipliers to work out the rest but wondering if theres a different way to do it? Or is a trial and error thing?

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...