Long Term Fuel Trims

Serangan

• Member For: 17y 11m

some of the table in the software interact with other tables, so several tables can be adjusted to give a final result, unless all these table are visible then a wrong impression can be given, but saying that, there are some people I think that do not dedicate the time required so some may be quite poor.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 24d

I've been made aware of that, but I'm taking about 16* in the mid on a BA on 98 with audible knock.. Or another fg f6 running 0.9 lambda (e85) 19psi, with tables to suit!... Overboost protection basically turned off..

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely very experienced and knowledgable tuners out there but unfortunately there are some shops that claim they know what they are doing, but don't... I.e someone that can't even Input the correct injector data (even if it's provided) -_-

• Like 1

• Member For: 21y 28d

Its like that across all industries. Some guys simply don't have the ability to get work done to a relatively high standard regardless. I've have heard the phrase "I've been doing the job for 20 years mate" many times, but invariably they have been doing the job wrong for 20 years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

this is one reason I love ID's. They have all the correct (or close enough to get you well in the ballpark) Some might say it's me being lazy but as far as computers go. sh*t in=sh*t out. And if you get the data with the injectors to get you in the ballpart straight up. Makes things so much nicer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 7m 5d

Car is going sweet now, no issues with fueling, trimming nicely and using much less fuel than it used to. Daily use has caused it to drop down to 13.1 l/100 (running united 98 which is 10% ethanol blend).

Just have another question. I was looking through the tune file again and I've noticed the indicated engine torque table hasn't been altered and has also had the torque module switch disabled (and corresponding tables set to zero). My (limited) understanding of this is that they're used for traction control? In which case I think they should be re enabled?

I've derived a new table for the engine torque, using my torque graph to find the full load torque and reduction multipliers to work out the rest but wondering if theres a different way to do it? Or is a trial and error thing?

Cheers