boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 15d Posted 07/09/14 10:48 PM Posted 07/09/14 10:48 PM Just curious guys, as I was behind a C63 while driving the BF, and this guy was hammering it hard, and I have to admit the thing was moving.I was sort of trying to plant it in the BF after him, but you could tell during the short squirts that the C63 had my measure quite easily.Though I was thinking if I was in my FG, I feel like I could have possibly kept up with the C63, or at least kept up enough to be a nuisance...lolAnyone had a traffic light stoush with a C63 in a stock FG??I am sure even if the C63 got you etc...it wouldn't have been a humiliating loss...(well I hope not...lol)
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 07/09/14 10:58 PM Posted 07/09/14 10:58 PM The 6.2l 358kw? I had a run with 1 on my 415rwkw tune and was still very suprised how it kept with me till I hit my stride and started slowly pulling away once I clicked from 3rd to 4th.
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/09/14 12:33 AM Posted 08/09/14 12:33 AM (edited) Mm the c63 would have ya in a stock fg.. They go. And when you reach a corner forget about it!! Edited 08/09/14 12:34 AM by Lennox 2
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/14 04:32 AM Posted 08/09/14 04:32 AM (edited) I have, was fairly even off the line with the little huffer but it was all over once the big v8 begun to stretch its legs. Its alot more powerful smaller car. Makes you appreciate the bullsh*t low down torque our cars make though. I was expecting to get munched tbh.Also they have an extra cog as well dont they? Edited 08/09/14 04:33 AM by barnz 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/09/14 04:55 AM Posted 08/09/14 04:55 AM Stock c63 does 11.9 I belive the fastest a stock fg t has gone is 12.6 so that sorta puts it in perspective. 1
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 15d Posted 08/09/14 05:28 AM Author Posted 08/09/14 05:28 AM I have always liked the C63, compact car with allot of power, and apparently the next generation will run the twin turbo V8, and I can only imagine what sort of power levels you would be able to get out something like that tuned etc...I'm definitely a fan...
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 08/09/14 05:57 AM Posted 08/09/14 05:57 AM Yeah but what's a C63 worth?And then you gotta be able to afford to run one.I think we do OK with our turbo taxi's!
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 08/09/14 06:03 AM Posted 08/09/14 06:03 AM FAAAAARRRRRK.......160 big ones!!!!That's a lot of XR6T!!! 2
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 15d Posted 08/09/14 06:21 AM Author Posted 08/09/14 06:21 AM Actually, I think the drive away price might be around the 180K mark...lol...You are right though, for the price you pay for our cars, you really can't beat the bang for buck ratio. 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 08/09/14 06:23 AM Posted 08/09/14 06:23 AM Bang for boost is pretty great but remember it's not all about performance
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now