Peppy's Build Thread

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

Joe if your interested in hearing some other options

Give this guy a ring, when I was looking around for a shaft he was on the phone to me for about 30 mins also

Had a few different options for our cars, very helpful and was willing to share ideas with me when I rang

He builds the shafts for 5 different V8 supercar teams, I'm not sure what size uni's on the V8 supercar shaft, but he did use the same uni's on the shaft he built for me

60f6e56dcb784c4c3c8b33fa5020c1a3.jpg

I know he is in Melbourne but may be worth a chat

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 24d

I was going to ring around some more tomorrow Wilko so thanks for that... Sometimes I worry about getting to many "opinions" but it's just a piece of steel at the end of the day haha..

Ohh and I want to put a tail shaft loop around each shaft!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 2d

What diff bushes are you running ? The firmer the better if you plan on running a uni instead of a cv .

I ended up going back to the standard cv as I didn't like the vibration I was getting under load with the uni . My cars an fg running superpro comfort bushes.

Fair call, I put comfort front diff bushes, with a sports rear diff bush and sports blade bushes..

It will all depend on prices I get tomorrow

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 2d

Have you thought about a carbon fibre one piece with a cv ? , I'd probably go that way if I done it again.

Loving the build mate .

Edited by LU82

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 21d

I have a Gibson 1000hp shaft and Superpro HD bushes, no issues.

Although NVH may just be drowned out by the rest of the setup haha.

Edited by TomT

Thanks 20pounds, initially I didn't re-flash it, it shifted strange 2-3 and flared slightly into 4th... 4th came good after about 300km and 2-3 shift came good around 750km.. I did re-flash the TCM a couple of times throughout the process but that was just to help the adaptive memory, as I assume it was correcting for the massive loss of friction material before the build, the two overdrive packs were 4mm and 5mm over the recommended clearance from memory

I also ordered my Gibson 1000hp shaft, I have decided to just run what he recommended with the two uni's, the Porsche cv is going to be expensive to fit and also replace if it ever come to it, where a uni is cheap and easy to replace.. Chris also said since he has bought his new automatic balancer and people have been taking the time to shim the centre bearing correctly it has been 100% positive feedback, so we'll see how it goes

Thanks Joe

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 27d

I am a bit surprised at the threads I have seen about aftermarket drive shafts having vibration problems.

I would have thought that the places that do them know what they are doing and there would not be issues.

Is there anything that makes them somehow more difficult to get right on a falcon?

• Member For: 10y 8m 7d

Does seem odd, the guys that are known for doing these cars have a bit to answer for I think.

Gunna(used all his luck on this occasion) used some rando on the sunny coast that hadn't even done a falcon before, usually does heavy machinery. It was spot on first time and cost significantly less than what some are asking...looked the goods as well, used a v8sc spec uni or something

I should add though if the shafts in question aren't being correctly installed by a third party then the shop that made it is hardly to blame..

Edited by barnz