RB Snake Legacy Donating Member 327 Member For: 12y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth SOR Posted 29/07/14 12:12 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:12 PM (edited) It's not the sub it's self. But it's the fact that the premium audio amp filters out all the bass (amp sends a signal to the head unit to do this) from the speakers and gives it all to the sub. Un plug the factory amp and you'll know what I mean. Because there is no bass upfront it sounds horrible and hurts my ears, the speakers need bass.I'd take this opportunity to remove the factory amp and sub and put in a quality aftermarket unit. Edited 29/07/14 12:18 PM by RB Snake
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 29/07/14 12:16 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:16 PM Have you got factory speakers?
RB Snake Legacy Donating Member 327 Member For: 12y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth SOR Posted 29/07/14 12:19 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:19 PM Yes I have upgraded to kicker splits. However upgraded speakers still will not help when the bass is being filtered out by the head unit.
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 29/07/14 12:26 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:26 PM On the ICC do you have adjustment for base, mid and tweeters?That's how I control it, the I noted a big difference once dyna matted the doors with speaker base.
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/07/14 12:31 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:31 PM RBsnake, I beg differ!I see no point being over powered by a 12" box in boot if the rest of the systems is not up to it.Bigger subs aren't just louder they also go lower. You can always turn the gain down to match the lacking front stage and still have better low range extension
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 29/07/14 12:42 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:42 PM jbl did a good one- but im not sure if still available. but yes- a boxed sub- even off the factory amp is a big improvement. I used to run a 15" boxed sub straight from the factory amp and it rocked...
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 29/07/14 12:43 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:43 PM edit: here it is:http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/GTO804/GTO804_JBL_US
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 29/07/14 12:48 PM Posted 29/07/14 12:48 PM ^^^ that's the other one I was trying to think of.
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 29/07/14 01:01 PM Posted 29/07/14 01:01 PM Coz I've done the FG Sub fix (swapped wires over), if I put a better sub in - do I put the wires back the way they were originally ??
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 29/07/14 01:02 PM Posted 29/07/14 01:02 PM I can't remember :head scratch:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now