Stockies Member 68 Member For: 13y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 30/07/14 06:08 AM Posted 30/07/14 06:08 AM I've got the Soundstream 8" Free air sub in mine.Goes pretty damn well. Also found I could run the dual voice coils in it using the factory amp.Sounds as good as most 10" boxed ones now.I did however, dynamat the bejesus out of the rear shelf top and bottom and the boot floor.
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/07/14 06:14 AM Posted 30/07/14 06:14 AM I was chasing better quality sound and have achieved it.Very happy with results.Might have to hit you up for a listen sometime.
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 30/07/14 06:14 AM Posted 30/07/14 06:14 AM Yeh, not a problem
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 30/07/14 08:16 AM Posted 30/07/14 08:16 AM Got an iphone?Nope.Android (Google Play) doesn't have it so when it's time to test, I'll get someone with an iphone to download it for me...Cheers heaps for the tip.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 30/07/14 08:26 AM Posted 30/07/14 08:26 AM Panda did you have that one?for a very short time. not enough bass for me. if you want good bass then bypass the factory location. 2
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/07/14 08:40 AM Posted 30/07/14 08:40 AM (edited) Nope.Android (Google Play) doesn't have it so when it's time to test, I'll get someone with an iphone to download it for me...Cheers heaps for the tip.Give this a go mate:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dwa_ict.polaritychecker&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dandroid+test+if+speakers+are+in+phase&pcampaignid=APPU_Sa_YU7utNYHe8AWL24C4Dw Edited 30/07/14 08:44 AM by .Stripes.
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 30/07/14 08:51 AM Posted 30/07/14 08:51 AM Yeah that might work..........cheers
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/07/14 11:49 AM Posted 30/07/14 11:49 AM I went from stock to stock with reversed polarity to Jaycar to Jaycar with dynamat to Kenwood with moar dynamat.Whilst it doesn't make the kidneys rattle its all very much acceptable to my needs especially with the Morel splits up front.One day I'll ditch the ICC as the source and install a few amps and a couple of 12" drivers in the boot. Maybe. I'm getting too old for the big doof doof 2
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/07/14 11:49 AM Posted 30/07/14 11:49 AM and I have kept polarity reversed with both the Jaycar and the Kenwood subs 1
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/07/14 11:57 AM Posted 30/07/14 11:57 AM Sometimes I do miss my old sound systems from my first car. My folks wouldn't let me buy an EL XR6 like I wanted, instead I bought a Mondeo...and preceded to fill it with sound systems...3 different setups in 4 years haha. The second one had the most bass, ran a set of Dali splits up front and had 2 digital designs 3312 subs running off a digital designs M1 monoblock at like 1,500 watts rms...made the hairs on your arms and the back of your neck stand up when the subs kicked haha. Final system was more about sound quality and had some hertz MLK 3 splits up front with ribbon mids running off Audison lrx amps and 2 image dynamics IDMAX 12 subs running off their own Audison lrx monoblock amps...to date still the best sounding car stereo I've ever heard...I miss it :( 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now