BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 30/07/14 01:41 PM Posted 30/07/14 01:41 PM (edited) I liked the 3 way I had coz the twins..........Sorry - off topic Edited 30/07/14 01:42 PM by BenDoCo 1
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 7d Posted 30/07/14 04:17 PM Posted 30/07/14 04:17 PM (edited) How did that Polk Woofer mount up to the factory surround, did you need to do any drilling to the metal or does it line up ?I'd want to hear it one day as I'm considering the same upgrade, even though I'm pretty happy with my FG sub Fix, it could be a bit better with an upgraded sub. Edited 30/07/14 04:17 PM by Z2TT
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/07/14 09:38 PM Posted 30/07/14 09:38 PM I like three ways. These were my old Hertz MLK3's...god I miss them!Is that a Linn SARA in the background?
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/07/14 09:59 PM Posted 30/07/14 09:59 PM Ohhhh those DDs would have gone down nice and low.And loud.
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 30/07/14 10:48 PM Posted 30/07/14 10:48 PM How did that Polk Woofer mount up to the factory surround, did you need to do any drilling to the metal or does it line up ?I'd want to hear it one day as I'm considering the same upgrade, even though I'm pretty happy with my FG sub Fix, it could be a bit better with an upgraded sub.From memory most of the holes lined up.The sub edge is raised more, which requires longer bolts then stock.
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 31/07/14 01:27 AM Posted 31/07/14 01:27 AM Is that a Linn SARA in the background?As in the speaker in the background? Nah, it's a Focal
xr6tnv PC LOAD LETTER Legacy Donating Member 388 Member For: 14y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/07/14 09:44 AM Posted 31/07/14 09:44 AM Polk DB 6501 and DB651 rearsI just thought do the DB6501 need to be put in with spacers or anything ??
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 31/07/14 10:14 AM Posted 31/07/14 10:14 AM I made up double 19mm MDF spacer for the front and I brought a single spacer on rear (Because could not be bothered). 1
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 01/08/14 06:35 AM Posted 01/08/14 06:35 AM (edited) Ive got twin 12" vibe subs in a box sounds great. Edited 01/08/14 06:35 AM by Slymeat
furiousgibbon Member 86 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Posted 02/08/14 03:10 AM Posted 02/08/14 03:10 AM I was looking at the Polk subs but the manual says specifically do not run in a free-air or infinite baffle set up. I went with the Kenwood KFC-XW800F, bolted up to the standard parcel shelf holes (not all subs will, the Pioneer free-air one will not). Plenty of Dynamat and the improvement is huge. The standard sub was absolutely rubbish. I did buy Polk DB6501 and 651 speakers for the doors, but I haven't got around to installing them. Part of the reason is once I'd put Dynamat on the doors the stock speakers actually started sounding alright! There is still plenty of room for improvement though so they will go in soon. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now