Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 29/12/03 10:02 PM Posted 29/12/03 10:02 PM The LS1 boys are having their own drag nationals at Heathcote on April 16 -17th. Interestingly enough there will be a bracket, complete with prizemoney for the non LS1 - including XR6T - entrants. I will be racing my T there, that's pretty much a certaintly. Maybe a chance for APS to show em how its done in the 'LS1 Outlaws' category.LS1 DRAG NATIONALS (click)
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 29/12/03 10:49 PM Posted 29/12/03 10:49 PM Sound's great Tuna.Good opportunity to dispell a few mith's at last and maybe win a bit of cash as well.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 30/12/03 02:20 AM Posted 30/12/03 02:20 AM If I'm not working I'll be there. Got to help Steve keep the HgAg flag flying. Geea.
Guest esky Guests Posted 30/12/03 03:40 AM Posted 30/12/03 03:40 AM I couldn't think of anything more boring than seeing 200 LS1s drag racing.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 11d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 30/12/03 07:05 AM Posted 30/12/03 07:05 AM I couldn't think of anything more boring than seeing 200 LS1s drag racing. same, no way id go. we'd be so out numbered. And u get some really anti ford people there. There like the KKK or something. evil.
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 30/12/03 07:39 AM Author Posted 30/12/03 07:39 AM Sounds like a lot of 'handbag' excuses there guys! Picked on by Expensive Daewoo owners, 'those big bad nasty bullies'....and if its boring, come and put them away. No sooking now. This is an open invite, not a Kleenex competition.I'll take my T regardless.....and my VY
BarraGT Legacy Donating Member 359 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, ACT Posted 30/12/03 08:20 AM Posted 30/12/03 08:20 AM I couldn't think of anything more boring than seeing 200 LS1s drag racing. Yeah...agreed.
XR8Chic vrooom psshhht Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Female Location: Victoria Posted 30/12/03 09:34 AM Posted 30/12/03 09:34 AM You guys are just scared.I have been to numerous LS1 meets, dyno comps and drag nights. Always good fun!!I have never had found any anti ford people.. normally its just friendly rivalry. ("hey kell, when are we gonna see you in a holden?"... "after I see you in a ford!!")I took MISSXR to a LS1 cruise, and a LS1 dyno comp before, and I dont think she died from boredom either.
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 30/12/03 09:48 AM Author Posted 30/12/03 09:48 AM Yes its sad Kelly, other than you theres lots of talk, not much action..........Its odd how groups of people that split themselves into two opposing camps can have such different philosophical outlooks re their vehicles. Most Expensive Daewoo guys by nature - and Im not one - love competition, track days, drag racing etc. While the Ford guys - and Im not one - are less inclined to be go head to head, or be put to the test in anyway. Both sentiments are reflected strongly in each companies marketing. Not a criticism, just an observation. Oh well, we have one T making the trip, mine. Ill just post pics here for you to enjoy. Lion Tamers Wanted - at the LS1 Drag Nationals!
DrewBytes Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 5d Location: Canberra Posted 30/12/03 07:38 PM Posted 30/12/03 07:38 PM You guys are just scared.I have been to numerous LS1 meets, dyno comps and drag nights. Always good fun!!I have never had found any anti ford people.. normally its just friendly rivalry. ("hey kell, when are we gonna see you in a holden?"... "after I see you in a ford!!")I took MISSXR to a LS1 cruise, and a LS1 dyno comp before, and I dont think she died from boredom either. At least there's 1 sensible person on this site!Here's your opportunity guys, most of you talk like the T could blow any Expensive Daewoo away, here's your chance, come prove it. Unlike many people on this site who are anti-Holden, the LS1 boys are not anti-Ford. We appreciate all nice cars, and you would all be more than welcome. It's going to be an awesome 2 days of drags and dyno comps.
Recommended Posts