Lego

SamBoRG

• Member For: 11y 2m 17d

Surely you guys have hobbies that don't just relate to your vehicles.... right? :ermm:

Me, I play way too much Diablo 3, but my main hobby is building with, and collecting, Lego. One thing I've found is that there are usually one or more adult fans of Lego (AFOLs) in most walks of life, so wondering if anyone here is in to it also?

I'm not the best builder out there, but I'm slowly getting better. I've been building a few largish vehicles (roughly 1:15 scale) and I'm planning on making an even larger scale model of my BA Falcon in the near (hopefully) future. Some things I've made are on my flickr page here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82225640@N02/sets

I made a big XR8 ute ages ago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82225640@N02/sets/72157631709156577/

but I think I'll be able to do better next time.

Anyway, if there are any other Lego enthusiasts here, please let me know :) I'm hoping to make it to a few of the major shows in the Eastern states that are coming up. Sydney Brick Show is in April, I'll be there. I will hopefully be at the Brisbane show in July (I think that's when it's on), Canberra in August and Melbourne in January 2015.

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by SamBoRG
  • Like 2

• Member For: 11y 2m 17d

Yeah I find building to be incredibly relaxing. I don't usually do much set building though as I really enjoy building my own things. The only technic I have is the 4x4 Rock Crawler which I modded to have much more torque (so it can actually drive over things now).

And yes, I will probably be getting the Ghost Busters set when it comes out.

When I finally get around to building a better Falcon I'll probably include lots of working bits like diff, drive train and gearbox etc.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 18d
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y

Thought the same thing when I saw the title of this thread!

Ralph those look awesome. Might have to pick a few up!