fastfwd Member 103 Member For: 14y 10m 10d Posted 26/11/13 12:05 AM Author Posted 26/11/13 12:05 AM 2.5 will be fine. Cars are making 400+ with stock hotside, and that's probably 50mm ID. You must remember the air is being forced through. Has you intercooler got 75mm ID inlet and outlet. I bet it hasnt.it does have 76mm inlet and outlet this is why I thought 76mm all round.the stock hot side on a territory is 3inch but the inlet to the intercooler is probably 2 or 2.5inch.so you think 2.5 all round or just 2.5 on the hot side?
fastfwd Member 103 Member For: 14y 10m 10d Posted 26/11/13 12:30 AM Author Posted 26/11/13 12:30 AM Just a simple question - but where do you source 2.75 inch (70mm) exhaust tube ( Magnaflow noted above)?I assume aluminium tube comes in small size increments to allow those pipe diameters for the I/C.Local Exhaust shop, Ebay or online stores.I will be using Mild steel and powdercoating it black. I dont like the Aluminium piping that comes in kits these days. I know its lighter and does the same job but its very weak, easily scratched and dented. Plus if u want to edit Aluminium then finding a welder or someone who can weld that would be a b1tch.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/11/13 12:41 AM Posted 26/11/13 12:41 AM At least go stainless if you don't go ally MS will rust interally and if painted the paint will flake. Your engine isn't going like eating either.RE Ally welding, get out and get involved in the Cruises etc I know at least two members on here who have TIG's and would help you out.
BRK Member 361 Member For: 14y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/11/13 01:03 AM Posted 26/11/13 01:03 AM Okay - it is just that no internet catalogue in Australia lists stainless steel tube with 1.6 mm wall in 70mm OD. I wanted some a while back and could not source it in OZ.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/11/13 01:16 AM Posted 26/11/13 01:16 AM (edited) it does have 76mm inlet and outlet this is why I thought 76mm all round.the stock hot side on a territory is 3inch but the inlet to the intercooler is probably 2 or 2.5inch.so you think 2.5 all round or just 2.5 on the hot side?Iam talking ID measurement. OD is irrelevant. I doubt the stock hot side is 3 inch ID.Nizpro Big Big cooler hot side is only 2.5 ID. Do you think you will be making 600+rwkwJust go 2.5. Easy to buy, easy to bend, can buy prefab bends Edited 26/11/13 01:17 AM by arronm
fastfwd Member 103 Member For: 14y 10m 10d Posted 26/11/13 03:16 AM Author Posted 26/11/13 03:16 AM Hmm your right I checked a few plazmaman 1000hp coolers and some aren't even 3inch hot side.Soo 2.5 inch all round?What would be the benefit of having 2.5 inch hot and 3 inch cold like "ralph wigum" mentioned above. Wouldn't it be better just to stay same size all round?
TomT Spooling Member Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 14y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 26/11/13 05:07 AM Posted 26/11/13 05:07 AM Most people go with 2.5" hot side and 3" cold side as that's what most of the top brands best intercooler kits supply (process west, plazmaman)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now