Fg Xr6 Turbo...not Making Expected Power

fgxr6t89

• Member For: 11y 7m 29d

Tuner is Electronic Automotive.

I have a Autotecnica intercooler (460H x 430W;8 5mm > 70mm > 55mm).

Turbo needed to be rebuilt (making excessive noise and something gave way), just to factory specifications.

I have attached a copy of my dyno graph.

post-53093-0-30992600-1378027102_thumb.j

• Member For: 11y 11m 4d

Power doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. I've noticed the FG Turbo makes heaps more power when it's colder weather so perhaps it might be the Intercooler holding it back, from what I take it most tuners don't remove the factory scalers for Air Temp to keep it safe so the ECU would pull some timing back perhaps if intercooler isn't doing the best job, I'm not a tuner and can only go from what I find with driving my car around, perhaps somebody can give more info.

But that seems like OK Power to me and different dynoes are going to read different so it's hard to compare. I made 300rwkw on a Mainline dyno in Perth with ID1000 Injectors, Stock Turbo and Ported Cat converter, Modded Airbox, 2011 Model

From what you say it's the Pinging stopping tuner from adding any more power. I have heard BP98 is the best fuel to use and lots of tuners seem to agree so maybe you can try fill a tank with that and go back to the tuner.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 3m

Stop being so concerned about dyno numbers.

If all dyno's read the same, no matter how they attach to your car, and all operated by the same guy, and no matter where they are located, and all had identical air temp and quality, then worry.

Dyno dynamics, mainline, hub, they all read different.

Are you happy with the way it drives? That's the most important thing. Dyno numbers are great for measuring improvements, but only if you use the same dyno ie before and after.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 7d

Also

Does it do a good skid? If yes, don't worry hahaha.

Take it to a strip if you can.