rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 21d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 06:08 AM Posted 22/08/13 06:08 AM I have heard the coopers are ok but do not know for sure as I do not use them, I have got in some compatible filters but are $20 each, trying to work out a better price based on buying in bulk, they fit straight in place, I opened one up about a month ago after about 5k of E85 use and it appeared not to be swollen at all and still intact, even after my crude methods of opening itIf it lasts 20,000 (every 2nd service), it would be well worth it, keep us posted Mick.Next group buy?
LOOSEBF Member 106 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 08:24 AM Author Posted 22/08/13 08:24 AM Yes also keen to know brand. $20 is cheap as compared to going aftermarket!
Fpvboss335 Member 52 Member For: 13y 7m 1d Posted 22/08/13 09:07 AM Posted 22/08/13 09:07 AM I have a metal mesh filter It doesn't fit to the standard fitment It needs 2 short pieces of e85 hose and then hose clamped together
LU82 Legacy Donating Member 569 Member For: 13y 8m 12d Posted 22/08/13 09:44 AM Posted 22/08/13 09:44 AM It amazes me how ethanol has an effect on filters and hoses . Isn't vodka 40% ethanol and 60 percent water only side effect it's given me is a good time 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/08/13 10:14 AM Posted 22/08/13 10:14 AM Did you beat it open with a stock cam shaft from a Boss motor?tried to but it was just too much of a pig and had to be replaced with a cam from a S/C 5.0 2
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/08/13 10:16 AM Posted 22/08/13 10:16 AM If it lasts 20,000 (every 2nd service), it would be well worth it, keep us posted Mick.Next group buy?I tell people when first converting to E85 to change their filter every 1000 klms for the first 5000 to be safe because of any rubbish that initially comes from the tank
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/08/13 10:28 AM Posted 22/08/13 10:28 AM brand .........mick please 1
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 27/08/13 01:30 PM Posted 27/08/13 01:30 PM Also interested in more info Mick :D
LOOSEBF Member 106 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Posted 04/09/13 04:48 AM Author Posted 04/09/13 04:48 AM Any one else got any opinions on this? I need to decide by tomorrow what I will be putting in rather be a coopers ( only filter I know of that's e85 comparable and will fit standard fitting) or going a aftermarket max 10micron Like stated in the thread above...
Skids4kids in the mid....not the bum like some Member 609 Member For: 13y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 04/09/13 05:01 AM Posted 04/09/13 05:01 AM Secret squirrel mate.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now