Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Straight to the drags!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 1d
Posted

I think deep down you really wanted the 300 mate. I wouldn't get caught up on the numbers at all, the only thing that seems strange is the boost tapering to 10psi and that's it. What power did it make stock? at least you have supporting mods for when you go for more power as well. You may think you wasted some money but if you did the mods that I did and then wanted more power it would be a shed load more money to get it. Mines going in for a service at gentech and to get the AFR's checked in two weeks, I'll let you know what it pulls on his dyno compared to the original one, might show something different.

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

STOP WORRYING ABOUT DYNO NUMBERS!!!! Is a safe tune more important, or a flash looking dyno graph?

if I had a dollar for every time I heard a "why does his car make that" or "my car made XXX on so and so's dyno" id be living up at a brothel at the Gold coast, full time.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
Posted (edited)

Straight to the drags!!!

that's the plans. Hopefully get to Sydney soon. Is it worth running on street tyres or better of investing in some et streets?

I think deep down you really wanted the 300 mate. I wouldn't get caught up on the numbers at all, the only thing that seems strange is the boost tapering to 10psi and that's it. What power did it make stock? at least you have supporting mods for when you go for more power as well. You may think you wasted some money but if you did the mods that I did and then wanted more power it would be a shed load more money to get it. Mines going in for a service at gentech and to get the AFR's checked in two weeks, I'll let you know what it pulls on his dyno compared to the original one, might show something different.

Yea of course the goal was 300 but yea. Don't have a stock power because it had mods before it went there. Boost is tapering to 10 because he said no point leaving 12 or more in it as it wasn't making any more power really so fine by me.

Also probably going to the braddon cruise next friday with mcinnes and whoever else wants to go so come along, wanna meet some more members in the area

STOP WORRYING ABOUT DYNO NUMBERS!!!! Is a safe tune more important, or a flash looking dyno graph?

if I had a dollar for every time I heard a "why does his car make that" or "my car made XXX on so and so's dyno" id be living up at a brothel at the Gold coast, full time.

Yea I realise that, I was just wondering why it went less on the same dyno to a mates car. The dyno graph is a good looking one going off the progressive increase and afr's lol

Still having a little trouble with the idle, had it adjusted yesterday but still stalling (its auto). I'm sure if I go back monday Kit will be happy to adjust it again quickly.

Other than that hoping to have a little fun with it this weekend and during the week. I'm definitely happy with the car and how it drives, just need to sort out some grip..

Edited by Bellato
  • Like 1
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

When you come up to Sydney/WSID, let me know, ill trundle along....

  • Will do skids for food
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth SOR
Posted (edited)

Whether its important or not, and discounting that different dynos will read differently, people want to be able to compare their numbers (and investment) to others to see if their results are on par for the mods done.

Correctly or not, just like 400, 300 is seen as a milestone and people want to hit that milestone to know they've hit the mark for their investment and if not, why and whether its worth going after that milestone.

Lets face it, we all have penises and whether we admit it or not, we all like to know that our pen*s is at least as big as the next guy's.

Mine is small, but quite pretty.

Edited by Boganspeed
  • Like 1
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yes, correct, its human nature.

And would be relevant if all dyno's read the same, but unfortunately there are so many variables/brands/style's/locations.

First and foremost is a safe tune for me. And the only reason I like a number is to know if the mods performed have increased the cars output/boost level/afr or not. that's also why I always use the same tuner, same dyno.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
Posted

Yea will do Mick.

I was making a comparison to a car who was tuned by the same person on the same tuner. But yes I have not much boost, a really clean afr graph and smooth power delivery backed with a surge tank and pump capable of over 400rwkw so the tune is much more reliable and safe than some and at the end of the day that's what I need not having much in the way of income

  • Like 1
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Regarding using street tyres or ETs etc I think you get a little less trap speed on the race tyres but that is probably due to getting a better time so really it's up to you. At your power level range I say street tyres will be fine if they have tread left. If you plan on really giving the car hell the semi slicks will allow more boost off the line with traction.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth,WA
Posted (edited)

yeah street tyres are fine.

go to drags run a high 11 then brag to mate that you did it with less than 300. win win.

I can relate to your line of thinking. I had bought the usual upgrades and car just scraped in at 302 with the turbo maxxing out. I knew others were running better figures and for less but went straight to drags did an 11 and drove home happy.

Edited by MurdoK
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...