Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 22d
Posted

No particular boost but weren't looking to go much over 14. I didn't ask why it only tapered to 10 and didn't hold 12 or higher

On a side note after the first tune it was idling really high to the point it would do 10km/h at idle. Idle was dropped back to standard but now car is stalling...

Has to go back in again cause my oil temp gauge isn't working and it was definitely working when I dropped it off. Will have to get this idle sorted aswell

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

but have to go to Melbourne in December so may stop by n see mick but wait and see at the moment.

December, I will not be doing any tuning or getting involved in any problem jobs, I'll be close to having a baby in early December and sorry to say but that's going to be my priority and do not want to leave some one stranded half way through a job

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 16d
Posted

No particular boost but weren't looking to go much over 14. I didn't ask why it only tapered to 10 and didn't hold 12 or higher

I could be wrong but I think the cars running the standard fg turbo and are holding 12 psi towards the top end have an upgraded actuator. Im pretty sure my car isn't running the standard actuator and it holds 16 psi until 4000rpm then tapers to 12 psi

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted

The guy who bought my old BA put a full x force twin 2.5 exhaust from turbo back and it made 315 along with flapper mod and actuator. I just had 100 cell cat and middle muffler deleted.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 22d
Posted

December, I will not be doing any tuning or getting involved in any problem jobs, I'll be close to having a baby in early December and sorry to say but that's going to be my priority and do not want to leave some one stranded half way through a job

Fair enough Mick, I'd be more worried about the kid too! Next option will probably be Herrod. I know they don't get much mention on here but they have looked after my dad's GT and it runs great and they're friendly guys there. Not really keen on paying another tuner to retune it but yea.

Do you think it would be worth getting Gentech to retune it since the fuel pump has been change Mick? If you had the same thing happen would you retune your customers car?

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Mate the boost is falling away and its laying over at 5250. Remember your turbo is the junior burger

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

So flat out then is his next step a stronger actuator? Like if this is what his car will make with these mods, obviously he has the safety with the surge tank, but then his next step to get more is...?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 22d
Posted

Yea true

Also shp in regards to turbo, I inspected it when I installed the turbo side and no fin damage or shaft play

Next question I guess, where to from here. Im assuming the turbo isn't out of puff at 295 so what would people think is the next logical step to get more out of it?

  • Will do skids for food
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth SOR
Posted

That's peaked pretty early.

Besides the boost going away, what about valve springs ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...