Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

just saw a comment .... no access to photo gallery by public for security reasons

food for thought

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • What's happening?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Steel City, NSW
Posted

I would even suggest that the photo gallery is for donating members only. After all, photos are a big contributor to the bandwidth used each month, so why not leave it to those happy to pay for it?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 16d
Posted

Just my 2 cents worth. I think you should keep the colour scheme. I have looked at other car related forums and they are so hard to navigate that you cant find what you are supposed to be reading. Stick with the (basically) same layout as you have now. But hey, im all for a change if it is in the right direction....

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

OK I've got another suggestion, this may be possible now and I don't know how to use it but I'm sure someone will tell me. When I first log onto the site I go to view new posts and then I read the new posts that have been posted since I was last logged in. This can take quite sometime to do, and other new posts are added before I get to read everything, then I click on mark all posts as read so I can keep up to date on the new happenings, but doing this also marks the posts I haven't read yet that were posted while I was going over the new posts list.

So my suggestion is, is it possible to have a mark all posts as read button in the view new posts section which would only mark the posts that are displayed on the view new posts list, so after clicking on it the posts that were made while I was browsing the new posts would still be shown as unread.

I hope this makes sense to anyone. :ta:

  • nutter
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 25d
  • Location: Wagga Wagga
Posted

if you dont mind me asking who is the person desing the site and the forums? also, what forum software?

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

The one thing that really frustrates me about the site design at the moment, apart from Cro of course, is that there is no simple way of knowing which posts I haven't read.

In between sessions, the unread posts are displayed by way of "View New Posts", but if you don't read them all and then end the session, "View New Posts" only shows those posts that are new from the last session/log in.

I'd like to see a way of the unread posts remaining unread between sessions?

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
if you dont mind me asking who is the person desing the site and the forums? also, what forum software?

It isOne Lotus who are doing the new design. They aim to make it more professional, easier to use and still to retain the same blues and colours of the site.

It will still be using invision board, however version 2.0 and not the current version.

As for the posts issue Ken, this will be rectified in the next version. Also all the gallery problems we have had, this will be fixed as well with a new improved gallery directly integrated into the forum.

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

Do we have an ETA on the software upgrade?

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Will the www.fordxr6turbo.com/mail system work as well?

Scotty

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
Do we have an ETA on the software upgrade?

A few weeks away... still being designed the new look.. and the new server is ready to go.. so that will happen in time.. one day you will be on this server the next the new one with the new look!

As for mail a new mail integration script will be used, less messy and easier to maintain!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...