Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 19d Posted 08/03/13 09:23 AM Posted 08/03/13 09:23 AM Mate theres gains from taking a spew before u go racing but do u need to do it ?Look the car went 11.3 and was making 400rwkw Bf2 f6 and about 19psi on e85 The dump is one of the last items to spend coin but that's just my method Maximum bang for buck and yes the bf2 dump is 3.25 inch ( from memory ) same as fgFair enough mate but that's not an FG with little turbo. Righto the exhaust might be the same but turbos different aswell as a heap of other things so I don't think that's a fair comparison to makeAs for the cooler I can't imagine the car doing 3 back to back runs and running 11.3 every time?
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/03/13 09:27 AM Posted 08/03/13 09:27 AM No it got better from about 11.7 down U should buy a titanium dump pipe I think u need it That little turbo needs titanium
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 19d Posted 08/03/13 09:45 AM Posted 08/03/13 09:45 AM I was actually thinking lead. Need extra wait to hold the front down so I don't need wheelie bars I just wanna hear from someone who has had an FG xr or G6et and has used a cat only and absolutely maxed out the stock turbo (320-330rwk) and run a decent mph to prove that the dump isn't worth it. And achieved that with no more than 14psi peakWouldn't mind Mick's opinion if he's around..
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 29d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/13 09:46 AM Posted 08/03/13 09:46 AM Tuners seem to say that the dump helps with controlling the boost in the mid. Altho maybe it's all the turbo mods that then need to be done that help more there. Titanium dump would hurt, make a big splash too.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/03/13 10:03 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:03 AM Mate I can reel of a bunch of times and facts but your mind is made up just go buy one
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 29d Gender: Male Posted 08/03/13 10:14 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:14 AM I probably will lol... Too many ways to skin this cat... or take a dump.... So many choices.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/03/13 10:27 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:27 AM BestThreadTitleEver 1
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 08/03/13 10:38 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:38 AM I was actually thinking lead. Need extra wait to hold the front down so I don't need wheelie bars I just wanna hear from someone who has had an FG xr or G6et and has used a cat only and absolutely maxed out the stock turbo (320-330rwk) and run a decent mph to prove that the dump isn't worth it. And achieved that with no more than 14psi peakWouldn't mind Mick's opinion if he's around..This is gunna upset Jack, but Pete P ran 11.3@123 with stock Fg exhaust with hi flow cat, stock cooler, little turbo. 17 falling to 14
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/03/13 10:39 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:39 AM ^^^ nup not true needs dump ^^^
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 08/03/13 10:40 AM Posted 08/03/13 10:40 AM And another Seres/4b car did 11.6 drilled injectors fuel pump cat and pipes @119. Less boost due to valve springs floating.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now