Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 22d

My sis and I share the itunes I have all my songs ticked and hers anrt so we can use the same thing but load different song's to our own ipods :laughing:

Edited by ypurv4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 27d

yeah I have it.

its just a 3.5mm stereo plug input under where the tissue box holder is. and then on the radio you can select AUX.

Mine was a $60 option.

but you can buy the cable from ford for ~$30.

it just plugs into the inside fuse box.

• Member For: 19y 3m 11d

I have the cheaper, unboosted version. It is just a cable. There is no pre amp.

It is used constantly as an input for MP3 (via phone PDA) and also as the audio input for the kid's mini DVD player.

The MP3 (phone PDA) works great. Just be sure that you have all the volume controls, hardware and software, in the MP3 player set to the highest level (there can be several). In this configuration the MP3 payer is not plugged into the 12V power outlet. There is very little, if in fact any whine in the system.

The DVD works great for sound volume - with a big special effects movie you can do a decent enough impression of a surround effect, however, plugging the DVD into the 12V power outlet (normal operation) creates whine when the volume of the AUX imput is set above #20. Once again it is important to have all software and hardware volume settings set to as loud as possible.

I understand that IPods can have a problem with the basic unboosted system, perhaps insufficient volume in the headphone output.

Regards,
aa

• 1 month later...