Maggotmouse Legacy Donating Member 200 Member For: 15y 27d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/01/13 03:44 AM Posted 24/01/13 03:44 AM after a few months of working away at the bf, I finaly got what I wanted.2 weeks ago, mods compeleted and off to hi torque for a custom tune, after a depressing phone call and a figure of 286.8rwkw I was told I had a boost leak. with the boost side of things wound all the way to max they were only able to get 12lb.I removed the front bar and removed all intercooler piping and refit it all making sure all was leak free, I was also told the actuator was not working, jamed 12lb up the guts of it and it was working, rechecked pre load and all was sweet., took it for a drive and f*ck me, wheel spin and seeing 20lb and climbing on the gauge.today I droped off the xr6 for a retune and they were able to get a final reading of 306.8rwkw at 15lb, I'm pretty happy with that, was told the rear muffler was letting me down.mods to date:pw 2.3 kitpw surge with single 044 pumpbigger flapper and 38mm internal waste gate with 12lb actuator4" dump pipe3 1/2 xforce exhaust60lb injectorsbig ups to kent and all at hi torque for all the help 2
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/01/13 03:55 AM Posted 24/01/13 03:55 AM Interesting. I would've guessed quite a bit more power than that for those mods. 1
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 24d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 24/01/13 04:11 AM Posted 24/01/13 04:11 AM ye me too... Well done but ye power seems a bit low
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 1m Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 24/01/13 05:47 AM Posted 24/01/13 05:47 AM Maybe cos not tuned in SA?He did say there is a restriction in the exhaust. 1
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/01/13 05:58 AM Posted 24/01/13 05:58 AM I saw that, but I would've thought the xforce would be better than the stock exhaust. Maybe not.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 24/01/13 06:17 AM Posted 24/01/13 06:17 AM not sure whether sedan or ute, but some Xforce sedan 3.5" systems are only possibly 2-2.25" inside the rear muffler, do not see much more than 300 rwkw and they sound wheezy 1
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 23d Gender: Male Posted 24/01/13 08:08 AM Posted 24/01/13 08:08 AM well done Tim. that's a awsome result mate..
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 24/01/13 08:26 AM Posted 24/01/13 08:26 AM That's a terrible result marky.
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 17d Gender: Not Telling Posted 24/01/13 08:47 AM Posted 24/01/13 08:47 AM (edited) Does appear to be on the lower side. With those mods makes my 291rwkw's look awesome. Cheers Edited 24/01/13 08:50 AM by Impellor
Maggotmouse Legacy Donating Member 200 Member For: 15y 27d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 24/01/13 08:56 AM Author Posted 24/01/13 08:56 AM yea it is a bit low to what I wanted but its safe and still plenty of power, the rear muffler is very restrictive and much smaller than the rest of the system. oh and yea its a sedan, for my first xr6 that I've modified I'm pretty happy, does feel quicker than my old evo and that did a 10sec 1/4 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now