New Btr Stall Converter Approach...custom Made Standard Converter

GTEXXED

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 9m 3d

Evening guys,

I was phoned last week by the fella who tunes my BA whether I would be interested in trialling a new stall converter built by a friend of his.The builder/inventor of this converter is named Chris Gargula(V STRONG) and spent well over 2 years with trial and error testing.

The test car was a stock EL Falcon that run up at 90rwkw which then proceeded to make over 100rwkw with the converter change only,the curve is much linear also compared to standard converter,here comes the added bonus with this device.....the car picked up over 250kms to the tank with identical driving without the use of a lock-up converter for economy,the car also down changes quicker along with crisper acceleration.

All testing was carried out on same dyno with conditions to match,the on road performance speaks allot higher than actual number suggest though.

I now have a similar built converter that's a little stronger,the same principals are applied inside though.The exact mods are not disclosed to me and I have signed a Confidentiality Agreement that it can't be opened up for inspection etc to keep his design safe from tools wanting to copy I guess,was fine with me.

I can tell you though the gains from this style converter over the std item.

They are as follows:

-Lock-up clutch removed,4-5kg of rotating mass.

-Lighter and more responsive throttle,almost feels like cable again.

-Using a noticeably different position on pedal to maintain same speed,less input needed.

-When decelerating it feels to roll more freely.

-Kicks back gears allot faster.

-No slip at all,breath on the throttle and you are away.

-Breaks traction off idle now with zero stall,this converter is still std stall but can be raised by Chris,ill be getting one of these soon to test also.

-Builds boost quicker under stall and even when already in motion.

There are a few more things but ill add to this soon enough.My trans is totally standard FYI,a built trans will just compliment it more.From the short seat time with new converter my economy has stayed the same as normal but I have been flogging it so I dare say sedate driving will yield some good results,enough to pay for the converter over time tbh.

Id like to than Chris Gargula and Bruce Heinrich for the chance to test this and the help they have given so far.

The car will be testing the stally on Saturday and will have some decent footage to show.I am quietly excited,if all things stay the same as last meeting a PB will follow.

Any questions feel free to PM me or if you want his number for a more detailed chat I can pass it on.

And of course Cheers!

Edited by GTEXXED

• Banned
  • Banned

My exhaust not has also changed a little,she seems to idle more sprightly.I'd say the less weight in it would be the key,on the test bench these converters are pulling way less amps than a std item.

• Member For: 13y 3m 4d

250km extra to a tank? Lol

Just reading what you've written...... I believe that you have been told all this but... I don't believe what you've been told. I don't think this will be a "magic" convertor. Some of things you've listed kind of contradict each other with how a convertor works. So I find it hard to believe.

Happy to be proven wrong somehow.

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 29d

If I can get an extra 250 kms to a tank I want one..lol

The true test will be in my car, I drive everyday, and il race it on this convertor and see how my 60ft's compare.

• Banned
  • Banned

My tuner test drove it along with his offsider and they both noticed a difference.

Is it at all possible to as questions with a bit of respect guys,you are basically saying I am bullchitting about this converter.I am happy for anyone local to have a test drive,until then your comments are pie in the sky lol.

So if something is good I am supposed to say it is bad??????

What needs to be proven and or done for some of you fellas to take this seriously?I have driven my car with std stall for quite a while so my review is just what I am getting back from road testing.

Jet,is it at all possible to not be a dik for once and give some respect to the fella who tunes your car.bruce has also said gains of 150-200km a tank will be had and he noticed boost build quicker from stationary etc.

250km extra to a tank? Lol

Just reading what you've written...... I believe that you have been told all this but... I don't believe what you've been told. I don't think this will be a "magic" convertor. Some of things you've listed kind of contradict each other with how a convertor works. So I find it hard to believe.

Happy to be proven wrong somehow.

What proof would you require mate,what data etc?

Nobody has said it will be a magic converter,I will add it does nothing worse in any area than the std stall but a heck of allot better in others from my experience driving it.

• Banned
  • Banned

Mate, it seems to have it all, I want one, yeh once its independently tested. Your review just seems a teeny weeny bit pie in the sky.

Do you have a BTR equipped car?

Yes I am aware of this forums ways but when someone has put nearly 3 years into a product and I give a positive review about it and proceed to be called a flog.....comon this forum is better than that surely.

My offer stands though,any local guys want a drive then you are welcome.Hopefully some non bias views can be forwarded on.

• Member For: 13y 3m 4d

Just a question... How many cars have you driven with different convertors? Who built those ones? What size housing etc?

And I do mean that with respect... I'm just trying ti gauge your experience with different convertors and different designs.