Eboost2 Topic

JETURBO

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I thought the computer could self adjust up to 25psi or so?

Mine at the track sometimes demands abit extra due to load that's why we dont concerntrate on making a nice pretty 12.0 flat graph & tend to leave some fat in it especially at peak boost/torque. If using e85 it loves it anyway :)

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 6d

Ralph I get that the fuel gets trimmed for the lower boost setting automatically in open loop but if the car managed to run slightly higher boost for some reason does that still apply?

Only within the fuel trims which max out @ 25%, which is 25% of the calculated pulse width.

Simplfied can possibly run into lean afr issues and if the timing tables aren't correctly calibrated for the higher boost pressure you can run into issues with pinging

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 21d

I think the biggest reason for not being able to increase the boost further then it was tuned to is more about ignition timing rather then AFR's, if you're in the low 10 afr then a 1 or 2 extra psi even if it didnt correct for it would not put you in any danger The increase in cylnder pressure is gonna be the killer, taking out boost from what it is tuned at takes away cylnder pressure so theres no issue in the timing sense that's the main reason for the need of tuning for upgrades that increase air flow, if the car is not tuned or not tuned in open loop then they can compensate for slight upgrades like cold air intakes

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 5m 20d

So im thinking of investing in an Eboost2, just wondering if they are dimmable, and where have you installed it ( dash etc)?

Edited by hawlass

• Member For: 16y 5m 20d

Thanks for that mate, so where have you fitted yours?

Given you have had yours a while, is there anything your not happy about with it?