nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 08/06/14 12:25 PM Posted 08/06/14 12:25 PM Think I'll need all this?http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FALCON-XR6-TURBO-XR8-FPV-BA-BF-FG-CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-6cy-V8-/291008005292?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c16dc4ac&_uhb=1
visine Member 144 Member For: 13y 11m 25d Posted 08/06/14 09:24 PM Posted 08/06/14 09:24 PM Ring malwood on Tuesday very helpful bunch. When I was going through this last year. Ford ones are known to fail. I think I got mine for like $275+Postage.
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 10/06/14 12:18 AM Posted 10/06/14 12:18 AM ^^^Get the Mal wood one you think? Is it different to the ford part?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/06/14 02:07 AM Posted 10/06/14 02:07 AM Adapt the correct internally threaded one of these. And just thread the rod where the plastic broke. The bonus is then you can adjust pedal height.
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 10/06/14 06:30 AM Posted 10/06/14 06:30 AM ^^^Where can you get these from?
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 26/06/14 12:58 AM Posted 26/06/14 12:58 AM ***UPDATE***Rang Mal Wood and as posted above very helpful bunch and bought myself a new master cylinder and a bastard to install but worth it in the end.8 days later I had a teary master cylinder which I've replaced again (only to this would happen).Thanks for all your input guys.
AyeP New Member 3 Member For: 9y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: NT Posted 05/12/18 05:50 AM Posted 05/12/18 05:50 AM (edited) I had this happen on my BF F6 the other day - twin porcelain clutch. I fixed at home using a threaded eyelet from a stationary tensioner like on a shadeclothe piece and a steel air hose fitting cut shorter to become a sheath. https://photos.app.goo.gl/8dPDLydgjEkfWqjs6 Edited 05/12/18 05:53 AM by AyeP 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/18 05:53 AM Posted 05/12/18 05:53 AM I assume you mean it's a ceramic-metal (cerametallic) mix twin plate cluch? good job on the other part
AyeP New Member 3 Member For: 9y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: NT Posted 05/12/18 06:05 AM Posted 05/12/18 06:05 AM (edited) Haha that’s what I meant! I think I was getting confused with porcelain because the clutch is a bit sh*t Haha Edited 05/12/18 06:08 AM by AyeP
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/18 06:12 AM Posted 05/12/18 06:12 AM all good, mate. Welcome aboard to actually posting
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now