An Unconventional Way To 300Rwkw

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 5d

At the end of the day guys mph and 300rwkw are just numbers, as long as I get notable improvements (primarily smash my old man's GT lol) then I'll be happy.

Spoke to Glenn at ESP today and he basically advised if I want to do injectors, cat, cooler pipes and tune then yea that should scrape me 300 and he's happy to do that. He suggests the dump as a good idea to get the boost coming on earlier (I don't know if this is the case but I assume that's the bonus of the dump). He contradicted the other guy I spoke to in that he said he won't tune the car without cooler pipes because they blow off/crack lol, so that problem sorted! He swears the cooler will hold up well though so I'm going to trust him (and JETSNOT) and stick with it

So might go without dump and stick to what I originally wanted without the cooler.

Sourcing parts myself I should be able to do it all for about $3500 or probably slightly more with them supplying parts. Would prefer them to supply parts because this will cover warranty!

Thanks for all the input guys, looks like I'll be taking the conventional way to 300 after all lol

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 23d

Bud a dump is seriously not needed its just extra coin u do not need to spend but all things aside ull see 300 if your tuner is capable and by the sounds of it HE IS so alls good

Keep us posted on results

Oh and make sure u have a fresh tank of 98 premium and service her before the tune

A side note u may need to wack a new set of spark plugs in at that service b4 tune and gap em down to .8 mm

Edited by JETSNOT

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 1d

At the end of the day guys mph and 300rwkw are just numbers, as long as I get notable improvements (primarily smash my old man's GT lol) then I'll be happy.

Have you actually lined up your old man's get? if'in not sounds like a minor tune tweak is all you need!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

Get a screamer pipe fitted and a tune, then run him on his right with his driver window down :turboboink: If he's not deaf yet he will be forced to brake or he will be hahaha.

Does the old man own a Miami GT?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 28d

You normally get higher power readings from a hub dyno because its bolted up to the wheels but there's another topic somewhere on that so I won't get into it

The dyno at tune house is one of these I think. does that mean it will give a higher reading then what most do at the tread? :(

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 13d

^^^ yes but again, it's a tuning device. Anybody that wouldn't use tunehouse because of this is a flog.

• Like 1

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d

Someone ran a tune house car up a while ago. It was 20~kw or some shiz