The What's Pi$$Ing You Off Thread

EFSIX

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

I'm pissed off that politics has lost its passion.. People no longer enter into constructive debate about politics instead 'you don't agree with me I'll f*cking kill you'..

Today I walked in to vote and was challenged as always by the people wanting you to vote their way.. I stopped and asked the labor group 'what is your party going to do for qld' in response I was told 'Stop the sale of assets!!' So in my typical form I said 'that doesn't bother me at all.. What else are they going to do for qld?'.. They couldn't give me an answer..

Yes I'm an LNP person through and through (before anyone gets upset by that I want you to realise I did lose a very cosy and lucrative government contract when they cut the public sector)..

Qld just went to an election in which no leader truly inspired anyone.. Instead of telling us what they could do, they instead told us everything the other side couldn't..

4 years of government is not enough time to solve problems.. All the solutions whether through asset sales or not are talking real results in the future.. Every time we change parties we undo almost everything that party was working towards..

17,000 or so jobs were cut from the qld public sector.. Major changes that came out of that I saw were that administration staff were actually given deadlines and made to do work (shock f*cking horror!).. We still have a very effective and able public service which I honestly believe can still be cut in certain sectors..

QLD has voted.. Give it a month and they'll be asking 'why hasn't my power bill gone down yet' or 'why hasn't unemployment decreased' because the mob vote is full of idiots who don't know what's going on beyond the sensationalised and misreported stories in news that isn't worth the paper it's printed on..

Today we saw police called to voting booths for various reasons.. Including one standing MP's wife allegedly assaulting another parties candidate..

I really don't care who takes power.. I am lucky enough to be in a job where if the in power government stops spending people start screaming and I get paid..

Politics needs to be about passion and vision.. Not just from our representatives but also from the voters.. Unfortunately no matter the party most of our representatives are self-invested in their motives for politics..

I think our state and our country is screwed until politics becomes more about vision and less about surviving the next election..

/rant

• Like 2

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 10d

There are some well constructed points.

In all honesty I had no idea who to vote for. Not one option even remotely inspired me.

I think I'm getting old and bitter.

• I <3 Floods

Exactly the same kimbo.. I am an LNP bloke through and through but I will swing a vote if I think it's for the best outcomes..

But this time I went to this election and almost threw a donkey vote...

I saw Campbell's plan for the long term.. But he has never inspired me (and yes I've met the man).. Even Anna Bligh had more 'wow I just met Anna Bligh' factor than can-do did..

Anastasia pal-I don't know how to spell it, didn't fill me with confidence either..

My local reps for both major parties are good blokes who really have the interests of the region at heart..

But f*ck me if the person I wanted to vote for, a new entry to politics, Indian lady with her head on straight.. f*ck me if she wasn't running for palmers party!

I can't vote for him..

• I <3 Floods

Was like that before freeze.. Went to toilet did tiny poo after bulk effort..

Apparently that was just the cork..

Back on toilet now..

• I <3 Floods

So anyway..

Apparently after this election it's gonna be the same circus with a different ringmaster.. I've had my say..

Goodnight..

Vote 1 NHASP for mod..