Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Hedland
Posted

Hi guys

As the title says I'm after peoples experiences with late BF and Typhoon valve springs and them going soft.

How many km's, how many KW, how much boost?

I'm heading down to Perth at the end of next month and am contemplating doing them before I go just so I know they'll be good for all the new killer wasps.

Cheers

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Hedland
Posted

that's where im going :) Id rather not pay all the labor to get them done when I can do them myself. The boss is on my case about "wasting money on that farkin car"

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

LOL. yeah. I now what ya mean mate. just call simon for a price mate. I think valve spring's r about $800 bucks to do.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, Queensland
Posted

BF1 xr6t auto stock v/springs, 17.5psi 360+rwkw for over 18months and then 19psi 380+rwkw with 71,XXXkms on the clock. Pulling the motor out now to fit a built bottom end Ive built but am doing the springs, pump gears and timing chain though while its out. The car was performing perfectly, the only reason the engine is coming out is cause Im rushing to get it all done/run it and retuned by powercruise. Countless test and tunes and plenty of dyno runs on the old engine. Although I didnt do a cyl leak down test before pulling it out, compression test both dry and wet showed the motor was still in great nick!!

  • Like 1
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'm still yet to see a car that doesn't make better midrange power after a set of valve springs has been fitted.

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Hedland
Posted

^ Interesting. How does that work?

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

good valve springs have that power band effect makes the mid feel really strong

mine went soft after less than 10,000kms of 17psi fg f6

  • Like 1
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

^ Interesting. How does that work?

Valves don't start to bleed open in the midrange like stock valves springs. Just because your not experiencing valve springs like symptoms doesn't mean the stock springs aren't hurting performance.

Plenty of cars make good peak power on stock spring but have a look at the boost curve on most cars. Boost drops off in the top end which reduces load on the springs.

They are not hard to replace if you have the tooling required. Fiddly but can be done in the driveway. Personally I would do what Im good at and pay Simon to do what he's good at.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone, Queensland
Posted

^good advice lukass

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...