Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 07/08/12 07:14 AM Posted 07/08/12 07:14 AM (edited) so what is "legal" to have inside the car that is god to watch the engine stats with?You are after the full sweep electrical gauges mate. They will come with sender units. Edited 07/08/12 07:14 AM by Paulie2256
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 07/08/12 08:00 AM Posted 07/08/12 08:00 AM what brands are good for those?I was originally looking at the autometer cobalt ones. or even the oze gauges but cant seem to find where to get those...would like something with that blue light light the interior
lee91g Member 21 Member For: 16y 8m 21d Posted 07/08/12 08:12 AM Posted 07/08/12 08:12 AM Not sure if anyone has used vei gauges but my mate has one in his a4 and I reckon it would be perfect for our cars.Can have one gauge vac/boost and wideband and the other oil temp and oil pressure which is what I would have got had I known about them before I ordered colbalt gauges.. Important ifo without having all the clutter of multiple gaugesBtw the gauges I have ATM are vac/boost and oil pressure which u can easily figure out when your oil is up to normal tempshttp://www.vgauges.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Posted 07/08/12 08:15 AM Posted 07/08/12 08:15 AM Electric ftw, I use blue drift iridium gauges, expensive but look awesome at night and match the cluster and icc
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 14d Posted 08/08/12 05:12 AM Posted 08/08/12 05:12 AM Looking for gauges too. Going for Boost, Oil temp and Oil pressure. Currently considering the supercheap SAAS gauges, Drift Saturn series or prosport (not premium).Looking at them all in white and 52mm.Just wondering if anyone has used any of these and how they rate them. Also I think SAAS boost and Drift boost only come in mechanical, does anyone know if they come in electrical aswell? Cheers
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Posted 08/08/12 06:50 AM Posted 08/08/12 06:50 AM . By the way Supercheap also sell the sender T's for the oil pressure gauges, as they don't come with the gauge.CheersJust came from there and it doesnt show what sizes.. Autobarn said I need a sandwich plate as the adaptor wont fit.. Wankers
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 08/08/12 10:41 AM Posted 08/08/12 10:41 AM I have one of these in the mail:http://www.aeroforcetech.com/I used to have Cobalts; oil temp, boost and wideband AFR.The new one will go in a pod on the a-pillar just to be different.I just bought a single a-pillar pod from ebay, cut the factory a-pillar trim piece, bogged it a little, got some paint colour matched and it will look awesome once the gauge is in.
tobymacca Member 18 Member For: 14y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/09/12 07:15 AM Posted 24/09/12 07:15 AM Imloco where did you get yours?
tradey Member 72 Member For: 17y 7m 11d Posted 29/09/12 12:08 PM Posted 29/09/12 12:08 PM Fpv dash fits easy hardest part of the deal is getting one then getting itbprogrammed , have one in my g6e and love it
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 14d Posted 30/09/12 12:29 AM Posted 30/09/12 12:29 AM I personally didn't like the top mount in the FG because I reckon it looks too messy cause it sits so high. I made a custom one out of fibreglass using the tissue box holder, Nice and and out of the way and can easily be removed. Also saves you the hassle of having to pull out the ICC to run wires as they're mounted just above the cigarette lighter. I have a spare tissue box holder out of my car which I probably don't need anymore if you want to buy it any give it a go? PM me if your interested at all, can probably throw in spare fibreglass sheet, resin and catalyst so all you would need is a putty and paint 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now