What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Henz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5d

For anyone thinking of getting paddle shifters I should update you on the PVS ones. Mine would not operate reliably (I'd maybe get a shift 50% of the time on a good day). I did heaps of trouble shooting with the multimeter and came to the conclusion that the unit must be faulty.

I contacted PVS who said that there are known issues with the FG units and offered to ship me a replacement in a few months when updated units are available. I asked for a refund instead which they provided straight away once I shipped mine back.

Not sure why they are selling them though if they know there are issues ...

• Sad 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 2d

well... after about 12 years of having my achillies atr tyres on my ute (20s) and still having 90% tread I finally decided to scrap them. 

shouted myself some fresh falkens for the fronts, the rears are on there way. 

but my god the achillies were sh*t hated them. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 29d

I had a look under the rocker cover of my na territory today. I've been putting it off cos I knew it would be farked and I was right. Pitted cams and rooted lifters... Got replaced with atomic anti pump up lifters, atomic roller rockers and kelford 218-C cams.

Why? Just cos. I might chuck a set of stock FG cams in it at a later date but this will do for now lol.

Gu9CPde.jpg

0RknIrz.jpg

uae9JdG.jpg

KRbdrtj.jpg

Xef9mBM.jpg

And yeah I did put the cams in the right way, the blue mark goes to exhaust on my set...ask me how I know?! I also put in the chain support too ;)

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeaaahhh...I forgot how much fun it is tuning those cams. Got it actually starting and idling now, only took me half an hour to work out what the fark it needed.

Will sort out the wot fuelling and timing tomorrow and see if it even goes any better than before.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yes cams are definitely coming back out, I have stock FG cams to go in which I think the 2009 na cars use anyway.

Might just swap the trans for the built high stall version just for sh*ts and giggles before I swap the cams back.