New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 9y 1m 15d

hi Barnz,

its just going to be a bit of a toy, so a 6 speed manual ba/bf with as much rwkw as I can buy with up to $15k

got no time to mod the car myself, so want one pretty much finished. I've had plenty of modified turbo cars, but nothing really fast. (fast to me, is in the 11's I rekon)

cheers

• Member For: 10y 5m 8d

Yeah....probably not gonna get an 11sec manual for 15k or less unless one pops up that somebody needs to sell in a hurry.

I would suggest you look at stretching your budget to a bf mk2 or fg 6spd manual in reasonable condition as a base. Something like this

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-2007/SSE-AD-3411793

I personally wouldn't touch a modified ba early bf with a stock engine, due to them being weaker. They are also likley to be high km flogged sh*tboxes, particularly in that price range for what you want.

You will find them quick if you havent had a fast car, enjoy it for a bit, save up collect some parts, get it tuned and jump to like 300 odd rwkw

no, I agree I wont touch an early unbuilt bottom end barra - there's a couple for sale here that I havent bothered at looking at. no, not stretching my budget either, I can wait for something & I dont mind if its rough around the edges as long as the driveline is up to it. my last 'fast car' was a 2008 bmw 335i - the twin turbo 3.0 straight 6 with zf 6 speed. I had that tuned and a few other mods & it was very quick - no lsd on those cars though so it would spin one up at 80kays on a dry road. felt like a low 12 sec car. so an xr6t a bit quicker than that in manual would be nice :-) thanks for the link I hadnt seen that one, but its 1000 miles away from home. cheers

Edited by Carrot01

• Member For: 10y 5m 8d

Lol kinda missed the part where you said plenty of turbo cars and just saw nothing fast......You definitely wont find a stock b series fast then.

Rando example sorry, there are good ones around close to your price range. Have you looked at auctions, a member on here picked up a modified bf zf tornado for a very good price at auction.

Edited by barnz

theres a sh*tter 6M for sale here with 450rwhp for 10k ono with 10k in receipts from BFT that I might consider looking at and another one for quite a bit more $ that might be a bit too hard core - im going to look at that one, owner says it has solid engine, gearbox & diff mounts and its not very nice to drive but I will find out

cheers

yeah I drove a stock fg xr6t & found that boring - hence I must get something that's putting down power straight up.

Lol kinda missed the part where you said plenty of turbo cars and just saw nothing fast......You definitely wont find a stock b series fast then.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 15d

theres a sh*tter 6M for sale here with 450rwhp for 10k ono with 10k in receipts from BFT that I might consider looking at and another one for quite a bit more $ that might be a bit too hard core - im going to look at that one, owner says it has solid engine, gearbox & diff mounts and its not very nice to drive but I will find out

cheers

Dear god that would be a noisey f*cking car! With all those solid mounts it'll have a sh*t load of NVH. If the car is to be a weekend toy, then meh. But if you're going to use it as a daily then I wouldn't hey, you'll hate it!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

^^^ He basically traded a brand new blown GT for a Honda Accord

I feel it's important you know this Andy hahahahaha

• Like 4

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 15d

ACTUALLY Steve, you're wrong. I basically traded a brand new Redline for a Honda Accord EURO...and no debt. I still stand by my decision. As much as I miss the other cars, being able to actually buy my own house will be more enjoyable.

• Like 2

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d

Money's cheap atm, cars are negative roi.Easy choice.

Whilst rates are favorable get stuck in even though the market is warm. When , not if rates go

up people will have scorched paws by being over extended. IMO real estate is a medium term

investment. The big and quick gains are on the downslide across the country.

Do you buy now when money is cheap at the top of the market or wait for the

next cycle when interest rates are higher ? Cars don't come into it unless packaged pre tax.

Equity game for mine. Just a POV