Lee Bugeja Member 25 Member For: 14y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/03/12 02:12 AM Posted 03/03/12 02:12 AM Hey guys, new to the forums and looking to buy my first Ford. Currently in a VT Berlina. After a BFii XR6, n/a as I'm on Ps. Basically I wanna know the difference in performance between the four speed and the six speed. I can find plenty of 4 speeds in my price range, but very limited amounts of 6 speeds and most in basic colours with no options. I'm not towing or anything, very little highway driving, and fuel economy can't be worse than my current car either way so that's fine. Is the four speed at a huge disadvantage to the 6 speed? Any advice would be great!
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/03/12 02:22 AM Posted 03/03/12 02:22 AM 4speed doesn't handle much more over 300 unless you have it built.Go the 6 speed auto or manual if you can unless you want to build your 4 speed.
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 15d Gender: Male Posted 03/03/12 02:48 AM Posted 03/03/12 02:48 AM It's N/A so it doesn't matter so much but the 6 spd is better in almost every way but performance wise I don't think the 4spd would be any slower than the six.Six will be a fair bit better on juice though.
Lee Bugeja Member 25 Member For: 14y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/03/12 04:29 AM Author Posted 03/03/12 04:29 AM Thanks for the replies guys, I read somewhere that the 4 is sluggish off the line due a taller first gear? Anyone got any figures on times between the two?
Lee Bugeja Member 25 Member For: 14y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 03/03/12 08:00 AM Author Posted 03/03/12 08:00 AM Torn between two cars haha. There's an orange one in a four speed with no options.. Or an Ego in a 6 speed with premium sound and the kit inserts. Pretty much the same price and same Ks.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/03/12 08:07 AM Posted 03/03/12 08:07 AM It's N/A so it doesn't matter so much but the 6 spd is better in almost every way but performance wise I don't think the 4spd would be any slower than the six.Six will be a fair bit better on juice though.Sorry didn't realise you are after an NA.Guess it doesn't matter than. Just test drive them both and choose.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 05/03/12 04:24 AM Posted 05/03/12 04:24 AM Torn between two cars haha. There's an orange one in a four speed with no options.. Or an Ego in a 6 speed with premium sound and the kit inserts. Pretty much the same price and same Ks.Go the six then. It has options for the same price so I don't think there's anything to decide on. 1
baxr603 Member 26 Member For: 14y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/03/12 10:26 PM Posted 28/03/12 10:26 PM I'm sure you will just as happy with a 4spd auto.Would be nice to get the 6 shooter though....
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/03/12 05:40 AM Posted 29/03/12 05:40 AM After a BFii XR6, n/a as I'm on Ps. Basically I wanna know the difference in performance between the four speed and the six speed. I can find plenty of 4 speeds in my price range, but very limited amounts of 6 speeds and most in basic colours with no options. I'm not towing or anything, very little highway driving, and fuel economy can't be worse than my current car either way so that's fine. Is the four speed at a huge disadvantage to the 6 speed? Any advice would be great!Don't think BF2's come with 4 speeds so the choice is already made for you. 1
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Posted 04/04/12 02:19 AM Posted 04/04/12 02:19 AM Agreed with Dillz. If your after any BF or newer your only option is the ZF6. I have a BAII with the 4 and first gear sucks! first gear gets to 80km/h and 2nd gets to 120. So you can imagine off the line its rubbish until you hit about 50km/h. I would definately spend the extra cash and get a BF with a 6 speed!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now