EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/04/12 06:53 AM Posted 07/04/12 06:53 AM I luv my 2004 BA T and reckon come 2019 - we'll be lamenting about why we sold instead of holding cos the good ones will be sought after. You'll be hard pressed to find the same low end torque that an iron in-line 6 with Garrett gives in some of the cheaper engines coming out
tom93 Member 17 Member For: 14y 5m 9d Posted 03/05/12 01:15 PM Posted 03/05/12 01:15 PM I live in perth and am getting an xr6 turbo this week. EVERYONE here has a vy-vz ss all my mates included, and I rarely see a xr6 turbo flogging around, which is good and personally I prefer the feel of a turbo to a v8.
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 03/05/12 10:12 PM Posted 03/05/12 10:12 PM Most of the bogans can't afford the repairs if they blow a 4 speed or motor, so they won't be on the road for long with these cars.
UBA Legacy Donating Member 212 Member For: 14y 9m 8d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/12 07:37 AM Posted 05/05/12 07:37 AM I luv my 2004 BA T and reckon come 2019 - we'll be lamenting about why we sold instead of holdingreally? I bought an 03 T with 58k on the clock about a year ago, and that would be great news.I dont plan on selling mine anytime soon regardless.
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 05/05/12 08:05 AM Posted 05/05/12 08:05 AM I luv my 2004 BA T and reckon come 2019 - we'll be lamenting about why we sold instead of holding cos the good ones will be sought after. You'll be hard pressed to find the same low end torque that an iron in-line 6 with Garrett gives in some of the cheaper engines coming out I agree,I reckon these cars will be the next VL Turbs for sure..
Sundeep Member 72 Member For: 17y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Mooroolbark, VIC Posted 05/05/12 09:00 AM Posted 05/05/12 09:00 AM Most of the 10-12k cars are clapped anyways. All the usual BA problems. Too many to list. If you want a good one you still have to pay about $15k+. And I agree with the sentiments of those who said they'll either crash them because they can't drive, or won't be able to afford repairs because those $10-12k ones won't last very long. Let's hope it's the latter though; an XR6T in the wet with the traction off in the wrong hands is like a time-bomb.
MedPro Member 45 Member For: 14y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/05/12 02:03 PM Posted 06/05/12 02:03 PM Mate I totally agree, My ute is sh*t scary even with traction control around corners sometimes and when its off, well lets just say I dont if its wet and I have goodyear Asymetric 2's which are amazing in the wet and even then they struggle.
BFXR6TURBOMAN Legacy Donating Member 80 Member For: 14y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 06/05/12 11:46 PM Posted 06/05/12 11:46 PM yep I agree I left shannons insurance cause of my premium I rang them up and asked them to explain to me the reason why it has gone up and my so called "agreed value" went down, ive never had an insurance claim got all my licence points, guess what they said "umm xr6 turbos are high risk lots of them are being writin off so that's why the premiums are going up" so I said to this guy "every driver should be judged on their own merrits not put me in the same category as these other drivers" means test every driver so that the good guys pay less and the bogans pay more.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now