Jump to content

Sundeep

Member
  • Posts

    72
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sundeep

  1. Hectic thread bump. Over the last 8 years the car has been from the original owner (I believe his name is Dave?) to this undisclosed Sydney owner, then on to someone in Brisbane, who sold it back to someone in Melbourne last year. A friend of mine and I bought the car with the intention of pinching the good bits and returning it to stock, but with too many projects on the go we ran out of time and space and had to sell her as a roller. She went to a new home today in Altona, so it stays in Melbourne. Surprisingly she's still in almost as good nick as she was when she left the original owner, barring some more wear on the interior, a couple of bumper scrapes and 2 little pin dents. Definitely one of the best out there. As a surprise twist, the new owner will be dropping an XR8 motor in it with a bit of work done, and a manual gearbox. So yes, she will become an 8! He has a 36000km 2004 Phantom XR8 which he wrote off around the same time this was originally sold, which has sat since and he has decided that this will be the car that all the gear from that will go in to. Any worn items will be replaced with items from the low KM car which has been garage since it's crash. Bit of an update hey! But this car certainly tell's a massive story over it's 9 - 10 years on the internets!
  2. FWIW I installed a aftermarket CHRA in to a genuine housing myself, but on a mate's standard BF 270T, and it worked perfectly from first shot. I have replaced comp wheels etc. without balancing and they have also worked well. Mates have done a few thousand KM in those cars without issue. Another guy I know has been running 20PSI through a non-gen CHRA for a while with no problems. They are a bit under-rated I reckon. Some people on here have probably bought cars running non-genuine core's and don't even realise it. Non genuine CHRA is about $600. Second-hand genuine turbos are about $700-900 (what I have sold them for in the past) with about 100,000 on them. Fitting by a mechanic is over $400 in most cases, due to the way that they're installed and poor condition bolts in the older ones. There's no easy or cost effective way around it, but if you do your research you can get away with it cheaply. You said the car has a few Kay's on her, not like it's a mint condition BF R-Spec, just take the easy way out and she'll be running mint again in no time. I don't have any turbo's laying around at the moment that I could sell you otherwise I would
  3. Congrats on the purchase bud. You must be over the moon. I want to get myself one of these one day, or just a GT 335 not even an R-Spec would be mint! How did you get those plates in Vic? I assume you're in Vic from the post about New Oak? I initially didn't really like the R-Spec GT, thinking it was a bit of a hack that they'd put together as some kind of rushed promo vehicle. The red everywhere was a bit howyagoing. After seeing them at the Sydney International Motor Show I was pretty impressed by their presence in real life. As with any FPV/Falcon, it really good do with a few CM sheared off the ride height though Here's my pic from the Motor Show.. EDIT: Won't let me post from Photobucket.. aids. Ahhhhhh one day, one day.
  4. Well I get my work roster next Friday. Is that too late?
  5. Hey guys I'd like to join in. I have a white Mk1 FG F6. Please advise of further details! When is the latest I can register? I get my work roster next wk.
  6. Most of the 10-12k cars are clapped anyways. All the usual BA problems. Too many to list. If you want a good one you still have to pay about $15k+. And I agree with the sentiments of those who said they'll either crash them because they can't drive, or won't be able to afford repairs because those $10-12k ones won't last very long. Let's hope it's the latter though; an XR6T in the wet with the traction off in the wrong hands is like a time-bomb.
  7. Sundeep

    F6 Trim

    Yeah guess so, but it's not like they started out with one type then went to the other, they were chopping and changing back and forth.
  8. Sundeep

    F6 Trim

    Just to add, those 2 seats are from 2 different BF2 F6's, only built months apart. The suede IS NOT faded, as it is the same colour in parts of the seat not exposed to sunlight or ass contact. Same with the leather from what I've seen
  9. Sundeep

    F6 Trim

    Has anyone else noticed that FPV/Ford used 2 types of leather and suede on the F6 seats from BA-BF2? One type of leather is soft and thick to the touch, the other is hard with a flatter pattern. The suede also comes in 2 types, a greeny grey and normal grey. As demonstrated in the pictures, sometimes they used both types of suede on the one seat lol, but the whole interior is the one type of leather normally (from what I've seen). I've had a few F6's over the years, and yea this one's really got me. ^^ Softer / Thicker feeling leather. Upper right bolstering has grey suede, lower bolstering has greeny grey suede. ^^ Harder leather with a flatter more grainy pattern. All bolstering suede is the grey grey.
  10. Owned a G6ET - came back to BF2 F6. Way more fun with the LSD and no power cut in between gear changes.
  11. Just bought #079 - 09/07 ZF Auto, Lightening Strike, Reverse Sensors, Sat Nav, Sunroof. Cheers. And can we make another thread for Force 6's? Or is there one already around?
  12. #253 is a Winter White ZF. I owned it in October last year, now with an owner in Mornington Peninsula.
  13. Completely missed this thread - I had; #253 - White ZF, bog stock. MINT car.
  14. The Force is gone, this is for an F6 that is in lightening strike. I can paint it myself. Looks like I'll be forking for ford :( $280 each painted!! FARKE!!
  15. Hey Guys, I have the Force 6 style ones on my F6 and want to revert to originals. Ford want $400 for the pair + want me to wait an unknown amount of time to have them delivered to me. If anyone wants to swap their set for a set of Force style ones (colour doesn't matter), or can point me in the direction of some cheaper second handies or newies, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
  16. Just wanting to know if anyone knows the rego of one of the first F6's that was tested by motoring mags, the silver BA2. It's on the cover of November-ish '04 Motor magazine I believe. The rego begins with TDC***. If anyone has a pic or can dig it up, let me know.
  17. I'm with Tab. I'd probably go for it if I was going to be selling the car within 2 years of the warranty expiring as well, to help with resale and finding a buyer quickly.
  18. Varaitch is on the money. I work for VicRoads and that is the process to follow to get an exemption in Vic. If you don't get one in your circumstances, you've fukd the application up somewhere.
  19. Hey mate where is the clip and how do you remove it? I can't see nothing under there and couldn't get the shield off.
  20. You have to be triple jointed with a custom made set of tools to do this job yeah? I promised a mate I'd do it for him and completely regret my decision now. After hours of fking around with seized and rounded bolts I have the manifold, turbo and dump loose in one piece but my efforts to remove it all are hampered by a bracket from the 2 lower turbo flange buts to 2 upper engine mount bracket bolts. I don't wanna look at the fkn car now but if anyone has any advice to get this sht done please reply!!
  21. Hey Guys, I got a couple of mates with F6's and I'll be taking the Force out tomorrow night as well for a bit of a cruise. There's 3 definite so far, waiting on word from 3-4 more. We're going to start out at Bayswater Anaconda at around 9PM and probably head toward St. Kilda to maybe meet up with some more cars, then go for a cruise which we will determine from there. If anyone's up for it let me know.
  22. Yeah that's the one Adrian. The original registration date of this one is 30th November 2006, and from what I read on AFF the guy who originally owned this one had another one (build 50 something) in Ego I believe. Anyways cheers for the comments and stuff lads! Looks like a few people have had their eye on it for one reason or another. Some of you may know me from around the traps, and will know that I don't keep my cars long. I do around 5000km in each car and keep it for around 3-6 months before selling it on. So, don't be surprised if you see it for sale again in the near future!
  23. I just checked the VIN on VicRoads vehicle status check using the rego in those pictures. It's not the same car, so there are at least 2 out there then lol!
  24. I've had 5 B-Series. 3 6M's and 2 ZF BF's. All have had driveline clunk.
  25. Hey guys, Apologies for the bump but I just thought I'd update the thread. I purchased 2006 Force 6 #006 about 2 weeks ago from Goulburn NSW. It would be an early one, as release was November 2006 but this was out of plant late October and in to FPV shortly after. It was retailed on the 30th of November 2006 to a Ford dealer in QLD. From there it went to a private owner in Perth (who has since moved to Melbourne, coincidentally I have met him through work), and then on to another private owner in Goulburn NSW. From what I am aware this could be the only Neo one around. The jury's been out on the colour when I showed pictures to friends, but all agree in the flesh it looks outstanding. Admin on AFF posted sales figures that only included 2007 and 2008 cars, not 2006. It amounted to ~65 cars. Does anyone know how a total figure for Force 6 including 2006? It has the black leather interior, and no options. Mods include a set of lowered springs, custom floor mats, a fire extinguisher and a tuner was included with the car but I haven't yet uploaded the tune. With it's mate (who is for sale), BA2 Phoon #178 And just for good measure, my 2 old F6's BA2 #173 (317RWKW) and BF1 F6 #158
×
×
  • Create New...