MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 17/04/12 11:50 PM Posted 17/04/12 11:50 PM Well, I have been done for too low and too loud... but when I got done for too loud, it was a letter in the mail, and when I got done for too low, it was on chapel st and they were dicking everyone that drove past... So I don't have a clean record, but def not as bad as Henz lol
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 18/04/12 12:14 AM Posted 18/04/12 12:14 AM Last Friday night on the way home there was a smokin hot blonde chick at the shell servo on the prinny just outside westfield naza waza. I stepped on it and she looked over. Before I let go of the throttle I noticed she was a cop walking back to an unmarked grey VE. Too late though. STTUUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUWe ended just going our separate ways. Can't say I have ever had any issues with cops. Except for one telling me I can get a fine for fog lights being on. 2
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 7d Gender: Male Posted 18/04/12 12:16 AM Posted 18/04/12 12:16 AM Guess they must have checked my record then...
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 18/04/12 12:31 AM Posted 18/04/12 12:31 AM Hahahahah paulie that's funny as fck lmao. You know how to pick them haha
Benny_C Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 14y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/06/12 12:05 PM Posted 06/06/12 12:05 PM In regards to cats I remember hearing that us ute drivers can remove them legally, as in a commercial vehicle which may be driven in areas such as paddocks, grass covered blocks, uncleared areas they prove a greater fire risk as they heat up more than the rest of the exhaust? Seems contradictory to the rest of the EPA business but at the same time I can see merit in it
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/06/12 12:06 PM Posted 06/06/12 12:06 PM Please look into that! 1
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 06/06/12 12:17 PM Posted 06/06/12 12:17 PM +1
Benny_C Legacy Donating Member 40 Member For: 14y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/06/12 01:00 PM Posted 06/06/12 01:00 PM a quick search on google gave me this answer:for commercial vehicles with a GVM of over 2.7T and pre-datingADR 37/01, which was progressively implemented in the late 1990s.In ADR 37, 37/00 and 37/01, there are 2 different sets of emission limits.One set is for cars and commercials with a GVM under 2.7T, the other is forcommercials over 2.7T GVM.In practice, the emission limits were such that the more lenient limits wereable to be achieved without needing cat convertors.The limits for >2.7T vehicles in ADR 37/01 are more strict than the limitsfor cars in ADR 37/00, so the later ones all run cats. The new euro emissionrules are even worse.so from what I can gather without going into the ADR docs is that having no cat was the case in pre late 90s commercial vehicles. Still might give the mods section of SA roads a call tomorrow and find out for certain.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 06/06/12 07:36 PM Posted 06/06/12 07:36 PM If you remove the Cat and operate only on private property who's gonna book you for it.. But it is a valid point. When I was in the government, 2 of the surveyors utes caught fire one day because they drove about 400km to a work site.. Pulled over in knee high dry grass and started work.. However typically the classification of a commercial utility (per ATO) is a utility which has a 1 tonne carrying capacity..
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 06/06/12 11:22 PM Posted 06/06/12 11:22 PM From what I read (EPA Vic) if your car came out with a cat converter from factory you must have one to use that car on a public road.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now