genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 25/01/15 12:10 AM Posted 25/01/15 12:10 AM yes he is a member from this forum . he is from brisbane . he still has a lot to do before it will hit the road . powerglide or turbo 400 ,9 inch diff , and a atomic engine . lol this thing has some potential to run fast times .he is running 2000 injectors for e 85 1
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 25/01/15 08:36 PM Author Posted 25/01/15 08:36 PM Your doing a great of the mechanical work yourself.Quick Q.When should one fit an external waste gate and why ?thanks mate, I'm no gun mechanic but I don't mind giving it a go. my dad is a fitter/turner of 40 years and an ex drag racer so I've learnt quite a bit from him.as for the wastegate, I'd be pissing into the wind trying to give you a straight answer. but from my own experience it seems to help with smooth boost control upwards of 20 pounds (I've never ran any less) hopefully someone else can answer properly
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 07/02/15 08:38 PM Author Posted 07/02/15 08:38 PM bit of an update. manifold is all fabbed up, just have to pick it all apart and weld the pipes up.once the turbo is 100% home I'll start to knock up an exhaust.also fabbed up a neat lobster backed turbo side intake too.
GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 07/02/15 08:52 PM Posted 07/02/15 08:52 PM No Pic's. Didn't happen! [emoji12]
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 07/02/15 10:12 PM Author Posted 07/02/15 10:12 PM haha I was waiting for that
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 07/02/15 10:32 PM Author Posted 07/02/15 10:32 PM having drama uploading.if someone wants to volunteer to post them for me I can email/mms some photos of the mythical recent work [emoji13]
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 10m Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 07/02/15 11:30 PM Posted 07/02/15 11:30 PM Trentlikeshp's pics 2
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 07/02/15 11:54 PM Author Posted 07/02/15 11:54 PM cheers mate, really appreciate it [emoji2]I made the turbo flange and split pulse collector (no particular knowledge or 'proper' design with the collector, I was just winging it) splashed out and bought a laser cut header flange because I'm too lazy to make one. I made that jig for the flange placement off a 6boost manifold that I borrowed from a mate.however his manifold was for a gtx45 which puts the turbine all but right against the rocker cover which I didn't like.seeing the t51 is a lot smaller, I moved it toward the strut tower 20mm and forward 30mm (hence why the collector is clamped to the jig and not bolted)and then basically just played join the dots while trying to not screw my own ass by making it too hard to get a dump pipe out the back or getting the hot side onto the comp outlet.I lobster backed the intake with some 3.5" exhaust pipe that I had laying about which will be getting ceramic coated along with the manifold and maybe dump pipe depending how the cash flow is at the time. and that's about all for the moment
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 07/02/15 11:55 PM Author Posted 07/02/15 11:55 PM oh and the photo of the turbos is just a comparison, not hard to figure out which is which lol
trentlikeshp Member 63 Member For: 14y 8m 7d Posted 13/02/15 05:52 AM Author Posted 13/02/15 05:52 AM got all the pipes welded yesterday, gotta piece it back together and weld to the header flange and collector pipes and pray they haven't distorted too much (fingers crossed) then mill the flange surfaces nice and flat if need be and take to work on Monday and have it blasted ready for coating.then all down hill from there making an exhaust
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now