Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 17/12/11 04:40 AM Posted 17/12/11 04:40 AM Sounds like its probably a Capa generic tune as well which wont be doing you any favours especially with running lower octane fuel. Big thing is if you put 95 in it dont boost it. As mentioned above could be valves could be coils but who knows.Also is it a manual or auto as you say clutch but you also said that the scan tool got torque converter .... So which is it manual or auto?
tanner11 Member 10 Member For: 14y 9m 28d Gender: Male Posted 19/12/11 12:18 AM Author Posted 19/12/11 12:18 AM Its a manual. yer I know its weird it brings up that code. a mate reckeons it might be cause of the heavy duty clutch that I put in and that its messing with the computer cos its been tunred to a standard clutch therefore not needing as much force to get it going or something like that ??? But I dunno
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 12d Posted 19/12/11 12:58 AM Posted 19/12/11 12:58 AM I'd say that theory Is 100% wrong. 1
Brods Member 433 Member For: 16y 2m 3d Gender: Male Posted 19/12/11 01:41 AM Posted 19/12/11 01:41 AM I'd say that theory Is 100% wrong.+1
tanner11 Member 10 Member For: 14y 9m 28d Gender: Male Posted 19/12/11 02:26 AM Author Posted 19/12/11 02:26 AM Yep thqts wat I was trying to say to him lol
darkness Member 20 Member For: 15y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/12/12 12:14 AM Posted 17/12/12 12:14 AM I had the same problem changed the valve springs and replaced the coil packs havent had any issues since hope that helpsgood luck
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 18/12/12 10:27 PM Posted 18/12/12 10:27 PM Not sure why ppl say the clutch theory is "100% wrong" because that will be exactly what it is.. LOAD POINTS!! My bf manual did the exact same thing when I replaced the clutch after its dyno tune Youll need it retuned on new clutch and problem solved buddy. I have an old thread with same heading if you find it in my passed topics.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 18/12/12 10:34 PM Posted 18/12/12 10:34 PM if it was tuned with a stock clutch that was not slipping and then the clutch was replaced with a heavy duty clutch, the load points will be exactly the same
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 18/12/12 10:42 PM Posted 18/12/12 10:42 PM Yeh Ratter, I remember you diagnosed mine that time. Just sounds all too familiar to be anything else and when he says "ever since I changed clutch on the weekend".....
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 18/12/12 11:47 PM Posted 18/12/12 11:47 PM If I remember correctly, yours was tuned while the clutch was sliping??in a case like this, then yes the load points would be different 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now