nelsonian101 Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 18y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/05/12 09:35 PM Posted 01/05/12 09:35 PM Nelsonian101 Where did you get them from and what did it set you back if you dont mind me asking?Ebay $999 + $99 delivery.http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/I.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=18+rota&_sacat=See-All-Categories
JulzC Legacy Donating Member 80 Member For: 14y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/05/12 05:39 AM Posted 02/05/12 05:39 AM I sent an email to [email protected] and asked about an FG ute:We just recently done a ute18 x 9, 5x114.3 +20 front18 x 10, 5x114.3 +20 rear.This had abit of poke in front and pretty flush in rear.Weve also done19 x 9.5 +20 front19 x 9.5 +35 rear which also worked quite flush
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 02/05/12 05:50 AM Posted 02/05/12 05:50 AM would this size the fg? clearance is not an issue in the back with the tray obviously
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 15/05/12 09:22 AM Posted 15/05/12 09:22 AM You answered my question with the centrebore sizes. I have been looking for 18" rims as most sub 100 treadwear tyres are in 18s and the Rota look OK but if the centrebore is not the right size then whilst alot of people dont care its technically not the right thing to do IMO.The centrebore certainly does help with the centering of the tyre. I have seen factory rims not really using the centre bore for support though.I purchased some Grids recently overly concerned if they cleared Brembos and just did a test fit on the front. They cleared by miles but what I failed to determine the correct centre bore of 70.5mm for Falcons. They just didn't sit right in the middle. Rechecked specs and The Rotas I received have a centre Bore of 73mm. If fitted all weight would be supported by the 5 bolts making it dangerous. Do I need a centre bore 1mm spacer ring?Thanks.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/05/12 09:28 AM Posted 15/05/12 09:28 AM Buy a hub spacer. $3 problem solved.
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m Posted 15/05/12 12:24 PM Posted 15/05/12 12:24 PM Hubcentric spacers are legal, it's wheel spacers that aren't.
ba xr6t nsw Member 9 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Posted 09/07/12 10:57 AM Posted 09/07/12 10:57 AM can you get that aggresive look that the rears have on nelsonians car, on the front without fitment hassles?
Scar92 Member 52 Member For: 15y 4m 18d Gender: Male Posted 09/07/12 11:33 AM Posted 09/07/12 11:33 AM (edited) can you get that aggresive look that the rears have on nelsonians car, on the front without fitment hassles?I ran 18 x 9.5 + 12 on the front of mine, pretty aggressive fitment. All depends on if you want to run a stretched tyre and how much work you want to do to your guards. I ran heaps of stretch and rolled and pumped the guards about 20 - 30mm (achievable without cracking the paint). Cops didn't love it but half my problem is probably my P plates.On a B series also so could go touch more aggressive on an FG. Edited 09/07/12 11:35 AM by Scar92
ba xr6t nsw Member 9 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Posted 14/07/12 08:46 AM Posted 14/07/12 08:46 AM oh ok, well I was planning on minimal guard work, so if you had to do guard work for +12, say his 18x9.5 +35 on his rears would fit on the fronts with less hassles? in a perfect world none? pics of your fitment Scar92?
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 14/07/12 08:49 AM Posted 14/07/12 08:49 AM +35 won't fit on the front. That's scar's car top of last page.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now