Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

prollly a rapid one...

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Well, I'm ecstatic to say the mods gods have cut me a break. Number 1 coil was the culprit. I'm actually almost sick with relief. The car feels amazing now.

So, now I have a spare housing, lol. Might hang onto it for a little while but more than likely will sell it. Given it has been fully rebuilt with new shaft, bush and flapper plus has absolutely no cracks, I'm sure someone will buy it with a near new 12psi actuator as well.

Anyway. Now I can breath and just enjoy the car for a while. Hoo fkn ray!!

  • Like 7
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

^^^ I just did as well. Yes it was doing my head in.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

lols

was waiting for mtarearhousingsaresh*t.com

lucky it was a simple fix

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

No, no website from me old_mate. Too old to know how to set one up anyway :)

As I said on the AFF and whilst I have sympathy for that guys dilemma, the approach is not how I'd tackle it. I'm living proof that what it has done is cast a serious doubt over all MTA's products which is unfair. The 750 has been proven for some time. I was convinced however that we had a boost control issue or something else was wrong with the turbo. Again, even with the actuator mishap, none of this would've been at the forefront had that story not been so public and every hater and his dog come out of the woodwork with 'stories' to bash MTA. That said, Mark's PR skills are abysmal. I experienced that face to face.

I stand by my comments that I would recommend the 750 but I would supply genuine housings.

  • Like 2
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

The Rig

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Car going in next week to have the rocker cover lifted and guides checked. Made a strange click click reciprocal noise on cold start up Sunday morning after a long drive Saturday. Went after like 10 seconds but didn't like it. Was coming from the right side near power steer pump. Was fine for the drive home and has been silent on start up ever since.

It was parked nose down on a decline so who knows. Oil may have bleed off a funny way - maybe from the VCT gears.

Anyhoo, if it's a guide obviously we'll replace it. Running the car at Lakeside on Father's Day so need to be sure it's ok.

  • Like 1
  • Expert
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Jamberoo, NSW
Posted (edited)

That trailer is the best I need to get one

Edited by Pixy Angel
  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR Perth
Posted

^^^ yeah love how you even committed getting the same rims all round! And love the hiro rims...(or hiro look a likes)....they are 19's yeah and clear brembos too (I think I remember reading you changed to 4 pots up front).

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...