Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, North QLD
Posted

Hey all I recently bought an xr6 turbo however I have a few question that I havent been able to find answer on in google.. Im hoping someone hasent asked them already.. I did try find them already.. anyways here it goes.. sorry if they seem stupid haha... first of question with "flash tuner" my question is: I have a Capa flash tuner now I believe these can hold 3 tunes right? okay so to get tunes into them I take it to whatever shop and get tunes put in.. once there in there am I able to change between the tunes myself? if so how do I do it?

my next question... I currently have 255 tyres on my xr6t, whats the widest I can go before it wont fit on my car without a tub? whats good for traction can anyone recommend something? atm I have problem getting traction =(

thanks for taking the time to read this

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Peever mate - flash tuner holds 4 tunes if you count the stock tune. It's easy to transfer between them. PitLane has a vid up on it - check their sponsors thread on this forum :thumbsup:

You just need better tyers - I think the Goodyear Eagle Assymetrics are the best I tried :spoton: after my edit I had to change from the OEM Dunlops. :beerchug:

Edited by EvilDaifu
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, North QLD
Posted

thanks for that! I found the vid.. was a different one to the one I have but it led me in the right direction to find the instructions for the one I have... is there much difference in that one and the older ones? I have the Capa flash "1"...

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
if you go to the ECU sub forum there is more on it but this should give you the idea..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted

As above flash 1 is useless, no longer allows tuning. You will need to upgrade to a x3 box basically. Pay some good money for good rubber and the difference is amazing.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

sell the capa box, get the xcal 3. most tuners prefer these for the fords.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

sell it to who :buttonit: its a paper weight

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

the capa box is different to the xcal though

unless its the old capa ford flash 1...well yes paper weight it is. hahahahah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...