Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/02/15 06:50 PM Posted 25/02/15 06:50 PM Did you get a new fuel pump ?
Mark_Googs Member 95 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Western Suburbs Posted 25/02/15 08:00 PM Posted 25/02/15 08:00 PM nah I didn't replace the fuel pump. Could that be the issue?
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/02/15 08:24 PM Posted 25/02/15 08:24 PM I'm not sure, was just curious if it had been disturbed
Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/02/15 08:38 PM Posted 25/02/15 08:38 PM Stalling FGs after tuning is not uncommon, I have been led to believe it happens in around 10% of them. It's an easy fix, just needs something changed in the idle. First thing is always talk to your tuner. 2
Mark_Googs Member 95 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Western Suburbs Posted 25/02/15 09:17 PM Posted 25/02/15 09:17 PM (edited) I am working with my tuner on the issue, he hasn't mentioned anything about changing anything at the idle though. he said maybe we'll change the fuel filter...I just thought its strange how it will happen every time when the car is under half a tank of petrol :\ and not so much (not at all so far) when the tank is full. Edited 25/02/15 09:23 PM by Mark_Googs
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/02/15 12:23 AM Posted 26/02/15 12:23 AM Sounds like a split hose in tank. Though it should have been a problem prior to the tune if that was the case.
Mark_Googs Member 95 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Western Suburbs Posted 26/02/15 12:42 AM Posted 26/02/15 12:42 AM never had an issue prior to the tune/mods at all. Never stalled before, never even sounded or felt like stalling...
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/02/15 01:01 AM Posted 26/02/15 01:01 AM I was sure it would be tune related until you mentioned its ok above half a tank. Coincidences are always possible. Are you able to pull it out and have a gander? Not overly difficult.
Mark_Googs Member 95 Member For: 13y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Western Suburbs Posted 26/02/15 01:07 AM Posted 26/02/15 01:07 AM pull what out the filter?I wouldn't have a clue how to lol.In any case, I'd be happy to pay the $30 and put a new filter in anyway because I'm pretty sure the FG's need to be changed after 60,000kms anyway. I'm at 42k.Just wanna get it up and running reliably ASAP. its doing my head in all day and night lol
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/02/15 01:45 AM Posted 26/02/15 01:45 AM No the pump, if a intank hose has split within the assembly in just the right place it could become an issue under brakes and not acceleration or cruising. Can you make it consistently stall? If so does gently coasting to a stop make a difference?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now