Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 3m 29d

2011 fg xr6t 110,000ks:

Metallic clunking noise in the front left.

Interior fan sometimes has a ticking noise to it on low rpm ( I just hit the case its in and seems to go away).

Big clunk when you get on the power hard then back off quick.

Auto slips when I first start driving ( so if I go out my drive way stop then take off it will slip then come good).

Interior plastics have some rattles to them.

Lucky it was cheap and has good power.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 2m 1d

just wondering guys if you have had a sound like a leaf in a fan but I have not lost any power and the turbo spools down fine when I rev it up and turn the engine off I dont know if it is the diverter valve playing up

if someone can give me a hint to help fixing it that would be great

• Member For: 10y 10m 13d

anyone had any issues at idle? after I did my mods last weekend it idles rough when I started the car up and actually stalled when I came to a stop at the lights. The revs just dropped too low when I brake and stop at the lights.

took it back to my tuner who changed a couple of numbers in the tune, seems to be running back to normal this morning but fingers crossed it stays like that.

Could the fact it was tuned on a 38 degree day alter the numbers? or the fact that the FG tries to adjust itself? or even new spark plugs etc?

Anyone had similar issues?

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 12d

As I said in another thread............running beautifully on the dyno doesn't always mean it will run beautiful on the road.

Keep an eye on it and keep communicating with your tuner (hopefully your tuner will contact you as well coz I believe it should be two ways).

Stalling sux..........make sure that's fixed.

Rough idle is a pain but a bit common these days from what I've read.

Trust your tuner but remember that tuners are not gods. If something is definitely wrong, get all up in their face until it's right.

I don't mind the rough idle as long as it doesn't stall. But yesterday the rough idle was leading to stalling. As I said my tuner did some small changes this morning and it seems to rectify the problem (for now anyway)

I will definitely be keeping regular touch with him to ensure the problem is fixed because its a daily drive and I cant afford to have it stalling on me.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

As I have said in a few other threads, it will be an ongoing relationship with the tuna.

Speak to them and tell them what is going on, if you are not happy.

If the issue is not resolved then get in their face all the time, but don't be an asshole about it.

Just be persistent so that they know you are not happy and that there is an ongoing issue.

I am pretty sure that you will be getting the servicing of the car done t the tuna as well.

Try and keep the peace. If it was Fraud, I would say to give them a hard time

I had the same issue with the idle in the mornings being rough and stalling.

The scaling of the injectors needed to be adjusted. I got the ID1000 injectors. not sure what you got.

They made the necessary changes to the tune and gave me a separate file to try.

That fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for the feedback masda. That makes me feel a little better haha.

I definitely will be getting the car serviced with my tuner and have no intention of cracking it at him or being rude, however I will stay on his case in the nicest way possible to ensure I have a good end product. it is beneficial for both of us that I get a good outcome and after all, the work I had done isn't exactly cheap.

I hope that the changes he made to the tune this morning will have fixed the problem for me like it did for you.

• Like 1