geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 01/03/04 03:00 PM Author Posted 01/03/04 03:00 PM I spoke to the service department at my dealer today ( NEWOAK Ford ) and I'm very impressed. He has been talking to engineers at Ford and keeping me upto date. He told me that because the problem only happens at 130kmph that due to workplace saftety the Ford engineers could only test the fault on closed roads, (ford proving grounds,You Yangs). This sounded good to me espesially if I got a drive. He got back to me today and said that due to a few factors, one being the proving grounds being pretty busy, that the engineers had a different solution. He told me to come round tomorrow and take a new Turbo for a test drive to see if the same thing happens, if it doesn't then my car has a problem. I'm not sure what happens then, but from previous conversations I believe that they will rectify it. This would probably involve changing the transmission. Through this whole episode I have been very impressed with how everything has been handled so far and I'm fully expecting to have a satisfactory result. I'll let everyone know after the test drive tomorrow whats going to happen.Geea.
Guest Guests Posted 01/03/04 08:21 PM Posted 01/03/04 08:21 PM So geea,what exactely is your problem? what is flairing?Tell me what the symptoms are,my box must be ok ..or is this just at the drag strip you have probs.vik
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 02/03/04 02:54 AM Author Posted 02/03/04 02:54 AM So geea,what exactely is your problem? what is flairing?Tell me what the symptoms are,my box must be ok ..or is this just at the drag strip you have probs.vik Hey Vik, the flaring that I speak of is as follows. Under full acceleration when in 2nd the car doesn't change into 3rd properly. This occurs at about 130kmph. What happens is that instead of changing the car hits the redline cutout first and then will change.Geea.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 02/03/04 03:01 AM Author Posted 02/03/04 03:01 AM I took a new XR6 Turbo for a drive today. It was Phantom (can't help bad luck). It had premium sound, (wish I did too). The car changed perfectly 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. I dont think my car has ever changed as good as that. I think that what might have happened is that while my car had the faulty valvebody it may have caused other damage, possibly to the clutches and other bits. The result is that now we know my car doesn't drive like a normal car the service manager is going to organise for me to meet a Ford engineer at the Ford proving grounds. Here he will experience the problem himself and decide on a solution. I have two wishes at the moment, make that three. 1) I'd love to drive at the proving grounds and experience what the NT people experience all the time. 2) WITH THE SPEED LIMITER REMOVED. 3) Hopefully this will result in the transmission being fixed.Geea. :hiwelcome:
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Posted 03/03/04 02:41 PM Posted 03/03/04 02:41 PM APS/Nizpro,It would be nice for you guys to go into detail about the auto mods(alot of people are asking) but since you want to protect this knowledge there is a very limited response and I can understand this. However how about telling us what parts of the auto are letting go and at what power level.
Guest Guests Posted 03/03/04 09:07 PM Posted 03/03/04 09:07 PM geea,how stupid is your ford dealer????I did some track work ,and no such crap with the box,I spose at that speed its hard to show the gumbys whats wrong.. and of course they wont belive you.Must say I was disapointed after my track day,It was mid 20 deg ,the car got hot and did not like it one bit,same track I take the XY,I drove the T the same as I would the XY and the old girl dont complaine like the T does...maybe cause the XY aint got all them warning lights and stuff.vik
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 04/03/04 12:24 AM Posted 04/03/04 12:24 AM has your T got mods vik?Geea its quite amazing that your dealer is looking at your car when its clear that your getting around 300fwkw+ I believe the problem is related to extra power becasue when its a cool night my cars problem is more evident but in the day when the outside temp is around 27 degress and over my car seems to change gears much better! I have learned to live with this now until my car goes in for phase 3 and there are developed transmission mods to handle the power.Geaa does you car change normally in manual mode and when your in auto mode are you in perf mode?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/03/04 03:26 AM Author Posted 04/03/04 03:26 AM Geea its quite amazing that your dealer is looking at your car when its clear that your getting around 300fwkw+Geea does you car change normally in manual mode and when your in auto mode are you in perf mode? I believe that there are 2 reasons that my dealer is still looking at fixing the problem. 1) They are a great dealer and very concerned for customer satisfaction.2) They acknowledged that the valvebody was designed badly and had since been redesigned by Ford to fix an issue with this fault. I had this problem before the power increases and the faulty valvebody has more than likely caused the other issues I am having. Since they have already replaced the valvebody they have accepted responsibilty for the problem. I usually drive in normal mode. If I think I'm going to need a bit of speed I will use performance mode. If I use manual mode and change at the right time it changes ok, but I can just hear that its got a slight hesitation going into 3rd.Geea.
Guest Guests Posted 04/03/04 03:41 AM Posted 04/03/04 03:41 AM Owna,just the centre muff out,K&N filter and a70mm tube under headlight in to air box.I think I drive like Cro.Ltrs x 100 klms went up to 35 ltrs.Sure likes a drink..vik
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/03/04 03:43 AM Posted 04/03/04 03:43 AM If you got 35L All I could get was 30 on the track... :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now