Guest Guests Posted 27/11/03 08:48 PM Posted 27/11/03 08:48 PM hypnodoc,would be interested to know what track you went down with the trans cooler? Its a discrace these cars dont come with a decent one in the first place.vik
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 28/11/03 05:59 AM Posted 28/11/03 05:59 AM Jimbo, could you explain your problem? was it flaring at full throttle and which gears? mine only seems to do it from 2nd to third mainly at full throttle, feels like it hits the rev limiter or the traction control is comming on! I hope mine is fixed by this valve body.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/11/03 08:21 AM Posted 28/11/03 08:21 AM hypnodoc,would be interested to know what track you went down with the trans cooler? Its a discrace these cars dont come with a decent one in the first place.vik Bought a PWR trans cooler and initally intended to put it between a bigger intercooler and the radiator. Then I decided to put the intercooler on hold until the UNICHIP is sorted and the bigger injectors go in on Monday, (it will be a long weekend). The trans cooler is plumbed in to re-cool the trans fluid after it comes from the factory radiator tank and sits (spacer) mounted about an inch in front of and with the base level with the base of the intercooler. I also run redline ATF, well worth the $300 in my book. I'm only chasing 350 kW at the engine and budgeted around $7000. I've spent three and a half of it dabbling with UNICHIP airboxes, DBA Golds and Ferodos, exhaust, etc. Hopefully by Monday night it will make the desired power. Then the investment will be closer to $5000, leaving enough to invest in one of those nice freer flowing PWR intercoolers. If I knew more about computers than typing and hooking up to the net, I'd post some pictures onto the site. $7000 to stomp Monaros and HSVs is a bargain in my book
JIMBO Member 38 Member For: 23y 7m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 29/11/03 09:01 PM Posted 29/11/03 09:01 PM "Jimbo, could you explain your problem? was it flaring at full throttle and which gears? mine only seems to do it from 2nd to third mainly at full throttle, feels like it hits the rev limiter or the traction control is comming on! I hope mine is fixed by this valve body. "OWNAXRT: As with everyone else who has had this problem it appears to happen between 2nd and 3rd gear, as in my case.Yes full throttle it is more evident, but I especially noticed it when the car was cold I.e. first start in the morning, I assume this would be as the revs were higher due the choke being on. So your another on the valve body list ehhh ??geaa: any news yet .
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 30/11/03 12:39 AM Author Posted 30/11/03 12:39 AM geaa: any news yet . Car is going to dealer 8am tomorrow morning (Monday Dec 1st). I should have it back by 2pm. When I get the car back I'll give it a blast and post the results.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 03/12/03 10:32 PM Posted 03/12/03 10:32 PM hey geaa any developments on the valve body problem, mine is in today. They might be changing the whole gear box!
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/12/03 12:17 AM Author Posted 04/12/03 12:17 AM hey geaa any developments on the valve body problem, mine is in today. They might be changing the whole gear box! Car is at panel beaters till 19 Dec. I had a minor accident on Sunday. Is booked in to get the Valve body replaced on the 22Dec. :( Let me know how you go and what they do.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/12/03 12:45 AM Posted 04/12/03 12:45 AM Nearly joined you this morning geea, stepped out big time, thanks god for keeping my T off that big nasty traffis Island, I was a mere passenger.Scotty
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/12/03 01:07 AM Author Posted 04/12/03 01:07 AM Nearly joined you this morning geea, stepped out big time, thanks god for keeping my T off that big nasty traffis Island, I was a mere passenger.Scotty Its not a pleasant feeling. Glad you got out of it in one piece.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 04/12/03 01:17 AM Posted 04/12/03 01:17 AM Think it was a warning that wet roads & shagged tyres with many grunt thingys don't mix pleasantly.Scotty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now