Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Just got back from my dealer (New Oak Ford). I dropped in cause the auto has been flaring on the 2-3 change and thought it would be good to get an opinion. I have had this happening for awhile and it doesnt really bother me as it isn't very noticable unless driving fairly hard. I took one of the service guys (Ange) for a run and he said that it was a problem and wanted to talk to the Ford engineers. After getting off the phone he told me that Ford would be replacing the valve body in my auto. I asked if this had happened before and he said they had changed 1 other. Apparently the new valve body is slightly modified compared to the old one.

I have been very impressed with the whole process. I phoned the dealer yesterday and spoke to Chad in service and was told to drop by the tomorrow (today Tuesday) and they would take a look. After arriving Ange was in the car driving with me within 5 minutes and after getting back to the dealer I had the car problem diagnosed and booked in for repairs in less than 30 minutes. The valve body has been ordered and will be replaced as soon as it comes in. I dont think this could have been handled any better and would recommend NewOak Ford to everyone. :sick:

If anyone else is having similar problems I recommend getting it looked at.

I'll give some more feed back when the car has been fixed. :sick:

Geea

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catlike
  • Guests
Posted
I dropped in cause the auto has been flaring on the 2-3 change

geea - please explain flaring?

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
I dropped in cause the auto has been flaring on the 2-3 change

geea - please explain flaring?

By flaring I mean that the car transmission seemed to slip a bit and take a little while to get from 2nd to 3rd. At full throttle it would actually start to go from 2nd to 3rd and hit the rev cut out before it had completed the change. If I had the car in manual mode, at full throttle and started the 2nd-3rd change at 4800rpm it would complete the change at 5600-5700rpm.

that's the best I can do to explain it, :sick: hope that helps. :sick:

Guest rabbit
  • Guests
Posted

geea,

I had the same problem and had the throttle body changed. It improved the gear changes, but it's still far from "fixed". Going back to the dealer tomorrow. They may change it again and if that fails, maybe a new transmission altogether.

rabbit.

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
geea,

I had the same problem and had the throttle body changed. It improved the gear changes, but it's still far from "fixed". Going back to the dealer tomorrow. They may change it again and if that fails, maybe a new transmission altogether.

rabbit.

Rabbit, ask if they can change the valve body in the auto, that's how they are going to fix mine. I'll let you know how it is after the fix. :banghead:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

At low revs mine flairs going 3rd to 4th, I bellieve this lies within the characteristics of the convertor.

Geea, I wonder if there's any chance you could convince them to give you the old one, might be fun to play around with & see if it can be modified to improve your crispness of shift.

Scotty

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:banghead:. I had a mild flaring problem, fitted a trans cooler and filled the box with Redline ATF (Redline is about $300 with flush etc), bloody pricey but bloody good. Has made the box lock up much quicker and smoother. :banghead:

  • potty trained
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

flaring is a certain way to cook your transmission ... :banghead:

geea when are you going to Calder next?

good news on NewOak :banghead:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
flaring is a certain way to cook your transmission ... :ermm:

geea when are you going to Calder next?

good news on NewOak :banghead:

I will be working next 4 friday nights, I should be able to make the first meet in January. Hopefully you can be there too. :banghead:

How did you go last friday BLKXRT? Have you gotten your ute back yet? ;)

Guest rabbit
  • Guests
Posted

geea,

sorry...I meant valve body, not throttle body.

rabbit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...