Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

It's ok rabbit we knew you were pulling a rabbit punch on us.

Scotty

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

I have the same problem I think, its only at full throttle though from 3rd to 4th it seems to hit the rev limiter and not change until I take my foot off the accelerator a bit. is this the same problem and if it is will it be under warranty still if my car has been modded? but looking at your signature geea with a time like that im sure yours is modded too, has anything been said by the dealer about your mods or don't they know?

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
I have the same problem I think, its only at full throttle though from 3rd to 4th it seems to hit the rev limiter and not change until I take my foot off the accelerator a bit. is this the same problem and if it is will it be under warranty still if my car has been modded? but looking at your signature geea with a time like that im sure yours is modded too, has anything been said by the dealer about your mods or don't they know?

I havn't hidden the mods, the exhaust would have been noticed when on the hoist and the chip is there for all to see. I am not sure weather they have see the chip though. When I took Ange (service bloke) for a drive I think he would have noticed the extra power. When I was speaking to Ange after he spoke to Ford, he said it had occurred before and that the new valve body was different to the old. It sounds like a problem that Ford has fixed already and is fixing on cars as they become aware. I have been awareof the the flaring since before I had the mods but never thought a great deal about it. :huh:

I have been very impressed with the way the whole issue has been dealt with, and think both the dealer and Ford themself deserve a great deal of credit for fantastic customer service on my behalf. :spit:

Geea.

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

owna,

not many will experience 3rd into 4th dramas as we're starting to get some speed up by then & how'll you expect your service manager to grasp this I'm not to sure. 3rd into 4th is about 200 isn't it.

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

true, I maybe getting third and forth mixed up with 2nd and 3rd, because off the top of my head I believe my problem occurs at around 120-140. it would be good if our dash showed what gear we were in not what mode! just a thought.

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
true, I maybe getting third and forth mixed up with 2nd and 3rd, because off the top of my head I believe my problem occurs at around 120-140. it would be good if our dash showed what gear we were in not what mode! just a thought.

:huh: That would be the 2nd-3rd change. :spit:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

My dash shows what gear I'm in, why doesn't yours? Maybe your alemanual, SSS shows gear when in manual mode.

Scotty

Guest bat
  • Guests
Posted

I have an xr8 and the auto box has a shatter when going into reverse. They put this down to a valve problem .NEW BOX to go in next week.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 2d
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
My dash shows what gear I'm in, why doesn't yours? Maybe your alemanual, SSS shows gear when in manual mode.

Scotty

mine only shows what gear im in when im in manual mode. when im in Drive its shows D, and in performance mode it shows pef. wont show gear changes, but this is no excuse for me getting 2nd and 3rd mixed up :thumbsup:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 29d
  • Location: sun, beach and plenty of T T's
Posted

IF they replace the entire box as they did with ours make sure they put a new one back in. Just recently broke the box and it was sent south for replacement, however they sent up another crook box by mstake and put that in. No wonder after 5 minutes of drivng I did a u-turn and tokk it back in.

What goes on is scary

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...