tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/08/11 02:14 AM Posted 14/08/11 02:14 AM Had an experience with a pootrol friday night, sitting at the traffic lights and felt like I was being watched, looked over and here's old mate glaring at me along with his Mrs leaning forward having a good look too. Wind the passenger window down and ask what his problem is, started ranting about me tailgaiting him, then politely and calmly said "I was in the centre lane and you cut across in front of me, learn to use your mirrors you stupid blind c..." His mrs cracked up laughing and he just wound his window back up and didn't respond. So long story short, there's another thing for the list. People that can't/don't look at what's going on around them. Move your side mirrors out to show the road not the side panels of your car....they aren't going anywhere farkin. :banghead:
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 14/08/11 04:04 AM Posted 14/08/11 04:04 AM Had one the other day where I had cruise set and this person just pulls out and doesnt accelerate so as normal to make my put I pop cruise off but hold my speed as if im gonna rear end them then brake and give them room after giving them alittle scare, then they gave me the finger.I dont have a problem them pulling out late as long as they speed up to the speed limit.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 14/08/11 07:51 AM Posted 14/08/11 07:51 AM It's hard sometimes to control yourself, I was guilty of tailgating last night. Two wrongs don't make a right and I felt bad AND pissed off afterwards. It was an excel sitting along side another car doing the rolling roadblock at 80 in the 90 zone, also had the rear fog light blaring red at me (grr). I moved to the far right and had my indicator on trying to get my point across that I wanted to overtake but all they did was brake check me twice, then beep when I "undertook" them. Was deadset keen to tell them the two things that had pissed me off at the lights ahead but they turned off. Guess they figured they'd sit in the right hand lane since they were turning in a few kms...sigh.The worst part is they won't know why I was doing it and will just assume they were 100% in the right and I was a nut. They are only half right , heh.I've thought about getting something on my phone, maybe a gif image that flashes KEEP LEFT. That or a big picture of the "keep left unless overtaking" signs in my rear driver's side window???
turbo ute79 Member 376 Member For: 18y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: gladstone qld Posted 14/08/11 09:53 AM Author Posted 14/08/11 09:53 AM Funny thing is when I'm home in my ute I am more than happy to follow someone 10 under the limit. No one ever really tailgates me (wifes little car is a bit different) I don't really get angry. I think the fact I am just happy to be home mellows me out a bit.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 14/08/11 10:21 AM Posted 14/08/11 10:21 AM Getting home in one piece is what really counts, have to tell myself that after already being on the road over an hour and just wanting to have the trip over with. Patience is a virtue, things like this happen many times each week and that's what makes it hard. I try to think of the improved fuel economy at times like that as well
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 15/08/11 04:16 AM Posted 15/08/11 04:16 AM (edited) It's hard sometimes to control yourself, I was guilty of tailgating last night. Two wrongs don't make a right and I felt bad AND pissed off afterwards. It was an excel sitting along side another car doing the rolling roadblock at 80 in the 90 zone, also had the rear fog light blaring red at me (grr). I moved to the far right and had my indicator on trying to get my point across that I wanted to overtake but all they did was brake check me twice, then beep when I "undertook" them. Was deadset keen to tell them the two things that had pissed me off at the lights ahead but they turned off. Guess they figured they'd sit in the right hand lane since they were turning in a few kms...sigh.The worst part is they won't know why I was doing it and will just assume they were 100% in the right and I was a nut. They are only half right , heh.I've thought about getting something on my phone, maybe a gif image that flashes KEEP LEFT. That or a big picture of the "keep left unless overtaking" signs in my rear driver's side window??? I friend of mine few years back had in reverse white big sticker across the top "MOVE OVER" on his windscreen, so when he was behind someone they would see in there mirror. Automatically they'd move over lol. Edited 15/08/11 04:16 AM by fpvbf
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 15/08/11 04:30 AM Posted 15/08/11 04:30 AM like this cock? Wow, I was the truck driver I would have hit his car worth paying the access to shut him right up.that's so wrong, I have seen quite a few incidents on Bridge Rd (where this took place).
turbo ute79 Member 376 Member For: 18y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: gladstone qld Posted 15/08/11 10:42 AM Author Posted 15/08/11 10:42 AM So far this week iv done well over 2500 kms. Same route every day. I do not like the truck at this present time. Hanging out to drive my
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now