Sizlak Member 35 Member For: 14y 2m 18d Posted 16/01/13 10:59 AM Posted 16/01/13 10:59 AM is it ok to use a normal battery or should you use a dry cell battery?
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 11/03/13 01:38 PM Posted 11/03/13 01:38 PM Can someone put up a photo of the hole the cable should run into under the rear seat? I couldn't get close to running 0 gauge cable through anywhere
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/12/13 11:05 AM Posted 04/12/13 11:05 AM What size lugs for the cables up front?
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 31/01/14 11:24 AM Posted 31/01/14 11:24 AM Has anyone bothered to put in an isolator switch when doing this or just a fuse near the battery?
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 31/01/14 08:47 PM Posted 31/01/14 08:47 PM A fuse wont last I was told, massive current draw on start cranking.I installed a isolation switch, hella brand for peice of mind, along with a fire extinuisher in the boot.The little led gizmo is a C-Tek battery charge indicator. 1
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 06/02/14 09:24 AM Posted 06/02/14 09:24 AM Hawlass I get what your saying. But you can get some kick ass fuses, 300 amp even. I like that isolator. Looks neat but its inside the boot. I would have thought outside would be safer. But I do like the setup. Where did you get that isolator from?
Rydeit Member 327 Member For: 14y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide S.A Posted 16/02/14 10:33 AM Posted 16/02/14 10:33 AM Do you need a special dry cell battery to do this or will anything do?
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 17/02/14 06:45 AM Posted 17/02/14 06:45 AM Rudiger,Sorry mate, just found your post.The whole fuse idea was not advisable according to my auto sparkie, but I do get what you mean- I thought the same. Do let me know if you find one that works long term for you.The isolator switch was from a auto sparkie, and I put it in the boot because most of the fuel system liable to fail / be damaged is in the front of the vehicle- surge tank,rubber fuel lines etc. I have had a surge line split and dump mass fuel on the ground, glad I had the extinguisher and isolator in the boot had it gone bad.Mounting the switch externaly may be an invite for fiddle finger strangers?Rydeit,You can use any type of battery, bear in mind that batterys with vent caps can release hydrogen gas (think hindenberg!) during charging which may not be ideal. There are batterys available with a small hose that vents the gas which you can poke through a hole in the boot floor to vent to atmosphere, or just grab a sealed battery (no vents), that's what I am running. 3
TITO Member 42 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/02/14 09:10 AM Posted 18/02/14 09:10 AM Dry would be better AGM Optima Odyssey something along those lines. Wet battery can give off some smell / fumes in a sealed boot, well I noticed it anyway.
Phoon508 Member 188 Member For: 13y 9m 21d Posted 12/04/14 04:05 AM Posted 12/04/14 04:05 AM Where did you buy the insulated terminal post? I've tried jaycar and autobarn but no luck.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now