Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Carrum, VIC
Posted

can you please upload a picture of where you grounded the wire too? I was thinking self tap screw into the boot somewhere?

  • 1 month later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Great post mate.

I just finished doing this. I ran 4 gauge from the starter motor and 4 gauge from the fuse box. I ran them both to a distribution block and then 0 gauge to the battery.

Running it under the car was alot easier then ripping the inside of the car apart.

Also used a 150amp fuse. Not sure if that's a bit much or not?

  • billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

I think you really need to run the starter cable without a fuse mate.... They pull >300 amps momentarilyy!

  • 4 months later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne s/e suburbs
Posted

I relocated my battery to the boot. used 0 gauge positive cable to the front like in the picture above in the how to . I have one 4 gauge going to existing negative terminal up the front and one short negative cable in the boot bolted down. my car surges sometimes it stops and sometimes it starts the moment I slow down and stop at the lights just surges for 30 seconds then slowly stabilizes, if I chuck aircon and all the lights on and the revs start to surge and the lights go weak as it surges down and up

any explanation ?? maybe I didnt earth right ?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Have you checked you alternator connection and if its charging correctly?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

I drilled a hole through the floor, just beside the battery box. Then sanded the paint to bare steel, and bolted the earth strap down hard , then gave it a shot of aerosol primer and then aerosol underseal top and bottom to keep it rust free. A good earth is key to success.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melbourne s/e suburbs
Posted

While idling with multimeter comes up with 13.3 v apparently should be 14.

I will do same as you have hawlass just to be sure that isn't the problem

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted (edited)

I think you may be lucky to see 14v, seem to recall the ford charge current is set arouind 13.8v

Have you visited a auto sparkie yet?

Edited by hawlass

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...