Jump to content

TITO

Member
  • Posts

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TITO

  1. Impossible on a Ford to cause engine stall!
  2. How does it feel with the 70/75?
  3. Mine had a knock over bumps, just re torqued the bottom bolt that goes through control arm & shock absorber.
  4. Agree, Paint it flat black including mufler then it will look real tuff.
  5. Good video on Daniel's bushes mine have been fitted at around 3000 klm on my 2010 fg f6 manual and my diff clunking became obvious with the new bushes. I only replaced them to stop axle tramp and because the manual cars really explode compared to auto cars I suppose if I fitted the new factory bushes you get rid of the noise but once they soften up after a few thousand k's get ready for axle tramp. The diff are rubbish in fg's and Daniel has a rebuilt diff in his car that's why its quiet. What type of oil did you use in the diff? I used Mainlube and I want to try something else.
  6. My F6 has 3000ks on it and the banging & whining from the diff is normal once you fit solid type bushes, I have CAT600 bushes fitted its the trade off for going solid.
  7. TITO

    F6 4 Pot To 6

    You need new rear rotors and your rear 4 pots should have the brake lines already on them. The front rotors stay on just slip your 6 pots over them, the 4 pot brake line is compatible with the 6 pots. this is based on fg kits
  8. TITO

    Braided Lines

    Yeah well, I got the cable tie specials a while ago.Safe brake do a proper front and rear kit that looks factory fitted with the correct ford bracket for the rear calipers, profesional finished set and the hydraulic lines won't blow off there fittings. Fair dinkim!!! Or no wait!! They want them to blow off because they like getting sued!
  9. TITO

    Braided Lines

    How are Matt's brake lines finished, do they come fitted with proper looking factory mounting brackets and grommets so once fitted they are in the factory mounting points or a cable tie here and there?
  10. Dry would be better AGM Optima Odyssey something along those lines. Wet battery can give off some smell / fumes in a sealed boot, well I noticed it anyway.
  11. What is so hard to understand? I don't have enough time to post 6200 threads plus in 19 months like you. If you don't like what is written... to bad! Since when does every post need to be wanted by you?
  12. I have never been able to understand how people compare small cars will large ones and say 'oh' they handle much better and are zippy! So what is new?? The new RS looks like a revamp of the very first Dihatsu charades......Ugly
  13. Transmax z was the ideal fluid to use in the fg manual until the formula was changed last year. Mainlube, Penrite & Dextron seems the way to go. [in this order]
  14. Forget about all these pins just use two 4 or 5mm self tappers in the back of the subframe screw one on the left and the other on the right into the chassis rail before you drop the rear end. Unscrew your self tappers and these would be your reference when putting the rear sub frame back into position. A few marker pen marks also help to line it up.
  15. Wont matter if its internal or external it will just be to loud, not worth getting busted and the cops are always out on drag nights around Eastern Creek.
  16. I have only used these coatings to stop corrosion keep under hood temps down. As for performance improvement maybe on a F1 engine.
  17. I had the same thing, I filled my box with 4.5ltr of tranzmax Z [last years formula not the currant mix as I have been told you cant use the latest oil in the 6 speed man] that shut it up when the car is at op temp. Some guys recommend 5ltr but this made my box rather notchy so I droped about half a litre and that fixed it. Mainlube recommends there gear box oil, it is slightly thicker and they say it will shut your box up but some guys have experianced notchy boxes with this stuff. Penrite has some oil worth looking at.
  18. Sounds good but where is the AU supplier? I reckon for these gadgets your better off staying local. also look at http://www.spycity.com.au
  19. Who ever says optima batterys are crap is talking the same, I have two blue tops in my boat both 1000cca, blue tops are suitable for cars because they can handle more extreme vibration not to mention weather. Bought my boat in 2006 that's how old the batterys are I have left them disconnected for 12 months and they have no trouble cranking 225hp merc. If all w..a..n..k sterero systems are not wired correctly and are not switched off with ignition expect any battery to get the sausage. Optima...best you can buy. Price? try www.batterysdirect.com.au
  20. Visit www.rojone.com.au I bought their GPS tracking system for 1200 a few years ago and $95 a year to access the dedicated tracking web site. I can lock the car, disable the engine [when its stationary] and has movement sensors all commands are done via sms and many other options available. I have set the tracker to do what I want not interested on people who say ''nar mate you cant do this or that. At the time I bought mine they were manufactured in AU. I think its one of the better systems and still can be expanded to do more.
  21. I must say that is one very funny reply.
  22. Make sure your rear shock mounting bolts are really tight that can sometimes give you 'knocking' noises over bumps,
  23. Does anyone want to part with there FG 3inch factory system from the cat to the rear end, must be sedan a few dollars waiting. Sydney and 100k radius + -
  24. I thought I didn't get out much ..... why would you be shocked on what dealers want to offer for used cars? old news really.
  25. because they dont look like w...a..n..k
×
×
  • Create New...